Thread: LQ4 Idle Surge

Question LQ4 Idle Surge

Currently I'm stuck with getting this boat to come back to idle smoothly with out getting idle surge then stalling out. The setup is stock LQ4 ve tuned in open loop from a shop in northern states. The engine doesn't have maf sensor or o2 sensors anymore. If anyone has idea something I can do to get this idle under control be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you get a wideband in the exhaust to check your fueling?

You need to know if that is good before anything. Make sure fuel pressure is steady at 58psi too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i just put an LSA in a ski boat. We had special manifolds to allow water passage for cooling while leaving a dry section for 02 sensor use.
    because of the low rotation weight we had a really low idle rpm of like 11-12* and the wideband allowed us to stay in check.

ours looked like this but were cast manifolds from Kodiak Marine. I think our were $2400 for everything back to transom.
    https://www.hardin-marine.com/p-1045...-53-60-62.aspx

i've also made 3" stainless risers in the past that had a 3.5" stainless outer shell with O2 bungs welded on the 3" tube. The big thing with these is you need a about 1.25" tube to isolate cooling water from the O2 bung. if the O2 bung has water surrounding it then you wont ever get the O2 up to operational temperature and may even fry sensors from the constant running of the element heater.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman