Thread: MAF tuning when to stop?

Potential Tuner

MAF tuning when to stop?

so I've been maf tuning for around a week now but I'm still running lean at 5 to 6k rpm . every time I go to adjust the maf vs output frequency table it gets a big spike in the 2D chart.car still runs lean after adjusting the table.is it now time for me to start to ve tune? or is my maf maxed out or junk?
    Attached Files Attached Files

How do you know you aren't dropping fuel pressure?

If you keep adding fuel to the MAF and nothing is happening, then you clearly have another problem going on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    What would be the best way to check fuel pressure on the street.With a mechanical gauge? Or can you change something in hp tures to give you an idea that your fuel pressure might be droping since gen 3 dont have a fuel pressure sensor.

Get a mechanical gauge with a long hose and stick it on the windshield.

You're already added fuel to the MAF curve and it's not getting any richer on your wideband, that tells me it may not be getting enough fuel pressure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    when I ad fuel to my maf table the 2d chart does no have a smooth increase it starts to look spikey at 8000+ Hz I believe that is not normal? another sigh that there is lack of fuel pressure?

Couple questions for you:

- What mods do you have done to your car?
    - What car is this on?
    - How are you tuning your MAF? Have you eliminated you VE tables from interfering?
    - What was your mechanical fuel pressure as stated above?
    2002 LS1 Camaro - (12.9@104mph) 3.73 gears/3600 stall/corsa exhaust/tuned/Ford 8.8 rear end
    1996 3800 camaro-- (13.4@100mph) Heads/Cam/Geared/Stalled/Ford 8.8 rear end
    2008 Chevy Colorado - Daily Driver / Off-Road
    Camarov6.com | Project Cars | 5th Gen Camaro Specs | How-to Guides

Potential Tuner
    Car is an 04 gto ls1. Mods are 243 heads,btr 4 cam,LT headers and catless mids and cai.I have blocked ve for maf tuning and i have yet to test fuel pressure.