Thread: Return to idle issues 6.0

Tuner in Training

Return to idle issues 6.0

Looking for a little help here on this tune. Half the time it will die rolling to a stop, half the time it dips very low. I attached a log to show the dips. It goes down to around 400, and often dies. The log is a little driving and then free revving in neutral. I can get a log to show how it dies if needed. This is a 6.0, s480, ls6 intake, 60lb injectors, btr stage 3 cam.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by josh4290; 11-30-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I see a couple of things that will help.

For one thing, you need to adjust the TB such that the IAC is in the 40-70 range at a hot idle. Currently, it in the 90-110 range.
    That's going to help. After that, try this revision.rx7kwmod.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply--

I copied the changes and adjusted the tps. I was able to get the counts down just under 70. I adjusted the set screw a little further and now the tps is jumping from 0 to 50 constantly. I had a spare tps so I swapped it and have the exact same thing. I will try to figure that out tomorrow/ Friday. However the first log that I didn't have the tps issue it did improve the idle but I was still getting a surge and dip after throttle release. Any other ideas which may be causing this?

Thanks,

Get your VE table fixed so it is smooth---er. Got a wideband?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    I did smooth it out some this morning. It was ran NA for a while is why it looks like that. Added the turbo and boost reference regulator. Yes wideband is hooked up and it runs great. Afr is a hair rich at wot but isnt bad. Wideband reads exactly what the o2s are saying during the swinging

If that is a return style fuel system, you should set up the fuel pressure and offset like a return system. And then re do the ve table
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    It was a return style before. I also had this swinging/rpm dip when it was NA.

Tuner in Training
    Adjusted counts down to 45/50. Tried the spark tables and nothing has changed. Also did some ve work. Nothing appears to have improved the issue. Any other ideas are appreciated

Base Running Air Flow (Braf) would probably do the trick. If you've adjusted the iac counts and set your throttle you need to adjust the base running air flow numbers. Sounds to me like its choking out when your coming to a stop. The Braf controls your iac solenoid, motor whatever. It should be opened up a little more at the times your experiencing your problems. Stoping, idle in gear, etc... Doing this will idle up your engine so you'll probably have to readjust your idle rpm tables a little.