Thread: LBZ PIDs

Tuner

LBZ PIDs

Can someone help me out with setting up my scanner to log my LBZ? I have Teamviewer if that'll help. I have tried all day to set it up to log at least pilot but i can't get it figured out.

@rick p Has anyone helped you out yet? I am wondering if same problem I am seeing on my LMM.
    I am currently trying to run some data logs on an LMM and having some PID problem like you said. Most of my important ones aren't popping up for me for my bone stock 2010. ( ie. Balance rates, EGR position, soot and regen, fuel rates etc). I use HPT for diagnosing on all my stuff and this one isn't working as typical. Worked great on my LB7. Trying diagnose a MAF error likely due to the EGR sticking but, would like to log position). Curious if anyone took care of you yet. Thanks!

Tuner
    Not a single soul has offered help, so i'm still playing with it with no luck. As far as balance rates add those one at a time to your channels that is were i have mine to check the rates.. I didn't feel the need to add those to the chart as they only populate up to about 1200 rpm or so.

Are you setting up an auto log? Or simply need help adding the Pilot injection (and others) to your log chart.? If you have them in your PID and have taken a log, you can chart it at any way you like after the log was taken.

I cant even get the PIDs to show for selection for the LMM either my ECM doesn't like HPT or vice versa.

Agreed i dont chart the balance rates, i just always like to keep an eye on them over time. Also good to have if buying a used ride, as dont want to pick up a used dmax and need to turn around and spend 2 days wrenching in some new injectors.

Tuner
    I know what you mean. I put a ton of time and money into this swap and still haven't got all the injector rattle out of it even with new injectors. I just did wire harness which helped alot but still enough to drive me nuts. All i need to know is what pid to use to scan pilot one and pilot two. I do have main timing somewhat working but doesn't in my opinion plot enough cells weather idle, cruise or flat to the floor for at least a mile it just plots a small area so i'm baffled.Screenshot 2019-12-15 14.05.05.png second is how i got it to somewhat work,Screenshot 2019-12-15 14.06.12.png

Welcome to the land of the diesel's where you don't have half the PIDs required to build a proper tune. Write into HPT support and ask to have them added to your scanner. They are very understaffed IMO for the diesel side of things and probably on the engineering side as well.

Tuner
    I couldn't agree more, I will ask to have the pids added so I can scan all of my timing tables