Thread: Cannot Clear P219A Check Engine Code

Question Cannot Clear P219A Check Engine Code

I recently did a light mod to increase the airflow from my throttle body and a few weeks later, my check engine light came on with a P219A code. This is an air / fuel imbalance. It doesn't specifically say that the car is running lean but I have to believe that's the issue since that's the modification I did. I loaded the old tune back in without that change and now I want to clear this code so I can make sure it doesn't come back but both the VCM Scanner and my handheld ODB2 code reader say it's a permanent code and cannot be cleared.

How do I wipe this code out so I can see if the issue returns?

Advanced Tuner
    A permanent code you cannot clear. It will only clear after the required fix has been done.

Permanent Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
    A Permanent Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored when a DTC is confirmed and the Malfunction
    Indicator Lamp (MIL) has been illuminated. A Permanent DTC can only then be cleared by the module
    strategy and cannot be erased by clearing DTCs with a scan tool, a Keep-Alive Memory (KAM) reset, or
    battery disconnect. Permanent DTCs will be displayed on Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) beginning
    with release R104.
    The intended use of the Permanent DTC is to prevent vehicles from passing an in-use inspection simply
    by disconnecting the battery or clearing DTCs with a scan tool prior to the inspection.
    A Permanent DTC will be erased one of two ways:
     After three consecutive confirmed fault-free monitoring cycles. The MIL is extinguished and the
    Permanent DTC is cleared at the start of the fourth fault-free monitoring cycle.
     After one confirmed fault-free monitoring cycle following a scan tool ?clear DTC? request.
    A driving cycle must include the following:
     The OBD monitor must run and determine that that fault is no longer present.
     Cumulative time since engine start (or propulsion system active for hybrid vehicles) is greater than 10
    minutes.
     Cumulative vehicle operation above 40 km/h (25 MPH) occurs for greater than 5 minutes.
     Continuous operation at idle (i.e., accelerator pedal released by driver and vehicle speed less than 1
    km/h or 1 MPH) for greater than 30 seconds

Yes, I have two from when my catch can hose popped off, P0171 & PO174 system too lean. The codes are for each bank.
    It was only for maybe 30 seconds at idle, sounded like a cammed engine. Will not clear from the list, its been months.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ