Thread: 2018 escape 2.0 tuning

Tuner in Training

2018 escape 2.0 tuning

So i took the plunge and started tuning my wifes escape and it has been quite the learning experience. All I did was read the file add a license and turn off the auto start then go to datalog and bam it has audible spark knock at part throttle under load. After much searching and reading i was able to figure out how to stop it and am now moving on to boost and fueling. My question is where can i find the actual lamba reading in the channels i am logging the desired but cant find the actual. I found the other channels i needed but this one is alluding me. If anyone knows where it is or any other info about it i would appreciate the help.

Tuner in Training
    Never mind i figured it out

Tuner in Training
    Been working away at tuning our 17 Escape 2.0L. Have stayed pretty conservative as yet, but its much improved over stock. Makes it somewhat fun to drive

Tuner in Training
    I am at a point that i have to get a better intercooler. this one heat soaks so fast. i ordered one from depot and i hope it works. did you do anything with the trans on yours? I didnt do much to mine but the shifting is so much better. I would like to compare our tune files if you dont mind posting yours here and i will do the same.
    if you go to my youtube i have a short video of mine doing a dead stop hit to about 60. i did let off at the beginning as it was spinning so bad. my youtube is tech1302

Tuner in Training
    WEGONNATRY.hpt
    here is my current tune

Tuner in Training
    Yours must be FWD? Definitely struggles for traction, lol. I agree on the intercooler...I see about a 40 degree rise in MCT during a pull from 0-90ish mph. I know in warmer weather it will be a bigger issue. I did play with trans functions some, but had to keep it subtle as it's the wife's daily. My most current file is on a different computer but I'll post a file that is pretty recent.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Yeah its a FWD and does not hook up at all in first. I followed that sho tarus guide on some of my trans stuff and it seems to work well. I also read some of murphies posts and followed some of the 6r80 ideas. it will spin second and third feels great. I have yet to mess with 4-6 in the same manner.
    I will get this intercooler on it and some colder plugs and see what is does. I am having some knock retard at higher rpms right now when my mct temp gets over 100-110
    I might even try some e30 and see how it does.

Tuner in Training
    What is max boost you are logging, and how much does it taper off with RPM?

Tuner in Training
    we.hpl
    Here is one of my last datalogs.

Tuner in Training
    my boost comes up at wot 3-4 gear to about 75inhg map