Thread: Cobra Jet FRPP Twin 65mm Torque Base Decel OR Dashpot for Idle and Decel control?

Cobra Jet FRPP Twin 65mm Torque Base Decel OR Dashpot for Idle and Decel control?

Cobra Jet FRPP Twin 65mm Torque Base Decel OR Dashpot for Idle and Decel control?

2012 Mustang GT M6

Ported Cobra Jet Manifold
    D-Mark Cold Air Intake
    FRPP Twin 65MM Throttle Body
    BBK Cat Deletes
    FRPP LU47 Injectors
    E85

Reading between multiple threads, is it easier to work with torque tables with Torque Base Decel or turn it off and dial in Dashpot? A lot of mixed and non direct answer

Tried Dashpot and did rev hang at 2000rpm. Torque base decel will have idle oscillation and sometimes idle too low then idles normal.

Which is better for this Cobra Jet setup?

Thank You.

Shop Car Cobra Jet Transport delay.hpt
    cold start and drive.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    You don't need to mess with Dashpot at all.
    Your main problem is you're using the wrong Throttle Body data. You have the twin 65 but the data looks like it's the Monoblade, you need twin 65 data. The file you get the twin 65 data from, you need to also use the ETC Idle Throttle Angle, located in Idle > Airflow. You can also pass by using twin 60 or twin 67mm Throttle Body data. Monoblade data will always have issues on a twin blade. Also set your Max Throttle Angle tables to 83*.
    In Idle > RPM, you might want to add about 200 RPM to Max Setpoint.
    In Variable Camshaft tab, Best Fuel Economy distance tables, change all of the "1"s to "0"s and change the .70 Load row from "5" to 7".
    In Spark Advance, populating your Spark Decel table will give timing a table to follow when the RPMs fall or you're decelerating in gear.

In Speed Density tab, change Intake Manifold Volume to 12.8 for the CJ. You can return the other tables in SD to stock.
    Increase Knock Retard RPM Enable to 8000 RPM if you plan on bringing RPM more than 7000. If the Knock Sensors are adding 2* equaling 31* timing, above 7000 RPM, the sensors will disable and timing will drop to 29.

TBData.PNG

I inputed what you displayed and made a few adjustment and the car drives perfect!
    I'll post what I changed as soon as I get to my laptop

Here's the map that got the Cobra jet combo running very well. Thank you very much for your help.

Shop Car Cobra Jet Manifold LU47 Injectors FRPP Twin 65mm TB Cat Deletes E85.hpt