Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoke during idle

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    correct, just pointing out that I don't recommend one with an LT4 pump, including on an LT1 with the pump swapped over.

lots of people upgrade to LT4 pumps and cams.

Got you I miss understood

Tuner in Training
    Appears I found the problem(s). The fuel lope cap was stuck in the spring...pulled it out and took the fuel lifter out and installed securely which took care of the low fuel pressure from HPFP.
    I had pulled the head back off to find that cylinder 1 bore was cleaner then the rest, so to me that ruled out it being oil. I didn't know we can monitor fuel rail pressures separately and when I did, rail A is 20 to 30 psi higher during idle. If rail B is driver's side and with the mist spray I saw with the camera in the spark hole for number 1, my deduction leaking injector misting and mixing with carbon and turning black. Once warm, the carbon and fuel mix is what is coming out the tail pipe. I thank you guys for your help.

Can someone confirm is Rail pressure A is passenger side and B is driver's side?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-18-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    When you pulled the HPFP to see the lash cap stuck in the spring did you measure for clearance when you put it back together? Or did you just use the same lash cap that already came off?