Thread: 05 4.6 2V Crown vic fuel voltage spike randomly.

Potential Tuner

05 4.6 2V Crown vic fuel voltage spike randomly.

Start it off with the basics, 78 F100 with a full crownvic frame, and a 4.6 2V engine and the stock 4R75W trans, 80 lb siemen deka injectors, stock fuel rails, stock fuel system. Blew up my first engine because I ran out of MAF with a turbo, increased intake size and changed position of the waste gate because of boost creep.

Fast forward, new engine in, scale maf tables a little, everything else is the same, fuel pressure is all over the place, 35-42 PSI randomly, on the first engine it would hold a steady 39. Figured it could be the returnless fuel pressure rgulator, changed it to a known good one, same issue, changed fuel pump to a 300 LPH Deaschworks, same issue.

Now just cruising down the road at 1500 rpm or so, the fuel pump will randomly spike to 75 psi, then go back down. I found the fuel voltage going from 2.79 to 4.79 in the scanner at around 4 minutes.

My question is, what parameters control fuel pressure voltage in the tune, maybe something is off, I've double and triple checked wiring, even though I never got to close to touching it during the engine swap other than I unplugged the fuel pressure regulator on the rail.

Tune and scan included. 19-11-30 21-04-02.hpl73 F100 4 inch tube 19.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tkrawlr; 11-30-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Tuner in Training
    hey Tkrawlr...
    ive owned 24 crown victorias..
    the spike in fuel pressure may be due to hot intake air temps.
    i live in Vegas and when it gets like 95 plus out.. i see my fuel pressure go to 70's.. the long term fuel trims are doing it i bet ..

i just mounted all my turbo stuff on my 2011 today and finishing welding in an hour and i cam across your post...

i have made many changes to my main tune but even with the stock tune in there... it goes to 75 plus psi sometimes on a stock car...

reach out to me and let me know what i may need to get a safe boost going today ...

iu get the most torque with this file im attaching but it gets bogged down at low load and rpm... and i smell fuel lol

stock car still...

talk sooon
    2011 CVPI
    LIFTED 3"
    On 275 / 70 r16 Hercules MT...
    CUSTOM EXHAUST CAT BACK 2.5"
    Full Prisoner cage in back (for my dogs or my humans)
    Love It
    LAS VEGAS,NV