Thread: Closed Loop Mode - VCM Editor 4.4.4

Tuner in Training

Question Closed Loop Mode - VCM Editor 4.4.4

I'm just finding that the newer software doesn't match a lot of the books I'm reading. They were obviously written for earlier versions of the VCM Editor.

For example, how do I disable closed loop now so I can properly measure the wide-band AFR? The book I'm reading refers to a "disable closed loop" button.

Cheers,

Craig

Post your file.

It's likely in the oxygen sensor tab or the open/closed loop tab in the fuel section. It's going to a temp based table that you max out to stop it from entering closed loop.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, your tip pointed me in the right direction, have I worked it out? (see attachment)
    OpenLoopOnly.png

Yes, max the table and same with the min ECT temp for the long term fuel trims.

Also the STFT table if your calibration has it, not all of them do. It's normally an enable/disable table for open loop.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Also need to do the O2 readiness ECT table shown in your photo on the far right.

Tuner in Training
    ahh yes, thanks I wouldn't have thought of the O2 readiness table.

BTW: Attached is the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by craigaus; 12-03-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by craigaus View Post
    I'm just finding that the newer software doesn't match a lot of the books I'm reading. They were obviously written for earlier versions of the VCM Editor.
    Everything in the earlier software is still there (minus a few emissions related things), it just may be in a slightly different spot. If you search for it you will find it. You can use the navigator feature to type in what you're looking for to find it quickly. Click the edit drop down, then click on navigator.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    OK thanks for that, I'm new to tuning and made some assumptions.
    I also couldn't find the throttle cracker, perhaps thats more because my L98 V8 (From a GM Holden Ute 2007) doesn't support it?

ThrottleCracker.png
    ThrottleCracker2.png

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by craigaus View Post
    I also couldn't find the throttle cracker
    there is no cracker table in the gen4 stuff. If you want to keep an elevated idle speed, use the minimum idle vs VSS table and the min idle airflow table. Those two will keep the rpm from dropping like a rock when letting off throttle while cruising.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning