Thread: LTFT what and where? V8 gen4

Potential Tuner

LTFT what and where? V8 gen4

I figured I should label it "that new guy" question. My ltft is -12 to -8. I've searched and have tried to find where I need to change this at and one thread said at the "main ve, primary ve vs. Blaw blaw blaw..... I'm not seeing it! I've looked through my editor and just not seeing it. If it is not right where or what do I change? This is a tune gone wrong by a local "tuner" and I've taken it on myself to fix it and it's good but this issue. PLEASE HELP!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you could be in Basic view under options
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    if you're working with gen4 you probably don't have a traditional VE table, its likely VVE. If its a VVE vehicle it's likely being run MAF only, and that's where you need to make sure changes (the MAF table)
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the replies! I've checked and it is in advance view. It's a 2007 chevy avalanche with 5.3 afm delete and tsp stage 4 truck cam 111 lsa. I didn't see anything showing vve just ve. I will check the maf.

Advanced Tuner
    VVE is under the "edit" menu up top. Do some reading on VVE to understand how it works- it's pretty cool once you understand it. As noted, though- it's very likely your current tune is MAF-only. If you're new, I'd keep it MAF-only for a while and learn that first. Then venture into VVE later if you'd like, to help with driveability of that big cam.

Get a wideband o2 sensor.

I wouldn't even bother with fuel trims on a camshaft that size. Trims can be fixed/cleaned up once the MAF/VVE are done with the wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.