Thread: p59 ecm 2bar os help

Tuner in Training

p59 ecm 2bar os help

Hello I am completely new to this I just installed a turbo on my 06 Silverado 2500hd. I did the 2 bar os and when I write it to the truck it will start and then die what am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly apricated. I have also installed a 2 bar map

You have to make sure the 2 bar map sensor has the matching linear and offset data within the calibration.

Also the 2 bar OS does not populate the 2 bar VE table for you. It will be one solid value throughout the whole table. You must re-populate that data use usable data. So if nothing else is different, like no injectors then you can copy/paste the stock VE table back into the 0-100kpa section of the VE.

If you installed new larger injectors the stock VE will work in that area but it will be rich. Also if you remove the factory MAF sensor you must fail the MAF within the calibration and have a new separate IAT sensor installed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Hello 5FDP thanks for the reply to be clear I have installed a iat sensor since I no longer have a maf so that's taken care of. But the strange part is when I did the os conversion it copied my stock ve table right over to the new os. How do I load my tune file here so that you can take a look and see what im fucking up? I greatly apricate the help this is all quite new for me and im trying to learn fast

Go to advanced reply and use the attachment feature.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok I think I did that right hopefully this helps for giving me some insight on what I have done wrong

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You have to make sure the 2 bar map sensor has the matching linear and offset data within the calibration.
    Cough lol.

Your linear setting it 1,278.98. It should likely be 200 or maybe 208-210 depending on what MAP you bought.

Set the code P0103 to MIL on first error too. Also don't set the open loop EQ ratio to 1.00 for the entire table, you can still have it like the factory does. It's better to have the commanded fueling richer on start up and working it's way towards 1.00 (aka stoich) as temps get above 120-130 degrees.

Tuner in Training
    ok so I changed this back. But a quick question why when I try to enter 200 into map liner it constantly changes it back to 185.645 ?

I couldn't tell you.

I can enter whatever value I want and it does not change for me using your tune file.

Tuner in Training
    I think I figured it out I had the liner in psi and offset in kpa and that was fucking me up now that I changed it it stays. as for th ve map do I have to scale that down? I only ask because it took my stock map and put it in from 30-210 when on the non os system it is 15-105

Eh, it's probably run alright, the low area's won't be that much different.

It will all have to be redone when you install your injectors because them stockers are waaaaaaaaay to small, same with the fuel pump.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I wrote entire file this morning but as soon as I started it up it would throw a code for maf and down stream o2?s. I already zeroed out the maf and turned off the o2?s so why is it throwing this code? Also it says low power mode because throttle position sensor and map correlation problem? Any thoughts?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone in Mesa Arizona that could give me a hand with this possibly?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Arj1320 View Post
    would throw a code for maf
    It has to throw a MAF code in order to revert to SD. (assuming you're running SD only as you said you 0'd the MAF). You need to set those MAF DTCs to first error and uncheck the SES enable box. Also, there is zero reason to 0 the MAF table.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    To be more specific I didn?t zero the maf table I went engine diag/airflow/ maf freq and zeroed that then went and checked ses lights for maf and down stream o2?s but when I start the truck in that os it starts then drops idle low and I get a reduced engine power message. Then I check codes and I have maf codes down stream o2 codes and throttle body/map correlation problem