Thread: 6r80 shifting issues

Potential Tuner

6r80 shifting issues

I have a 2015 f150 coyote and 6r80 trans swapped into a 70 f100. Ive got it running and driving but it shifts terribly. First thing I've noticed is the vehicle speed is not reading it always says 0. I checked the the harness and connectors they are fine. My question is.. Is there a setting I can change with hp tuners to get that working. I would think that has to be reading to shift properly.

Tuner in Training
    Shifts in 15+ F150's are based off of OSS speed and pedal position. Vehicle speed, which comes form the ABS module is used as a logic check as well. YOu have to have both OSS speed and vehicle speed input into the PCM for the transmission to function properly.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OzTuning View Post
    Shifts in 15+ F150's are based off of OSS speed and pedal position. Vehicle speed, which comes form the ABS module is used as a logic check as well. YOu have to have both OSS speed and vehicle speed input into the PCM for the transmission to function properly.
    Thank you for the response Does this mean if I am not using the abs module I will not get the ecu to see vehicle speed. I don't care about getting a speedo to work I am wondering if vehicle speed doesn't show is that affecting the tran shifting etc..