Thread: 2014 JK 3.6L AT sanity check

Question 2014 JK 3.6L AT sanity check

Hello,

I was working on tuning my 2014 JKU sport with NAG1 tranny, its my first time and i would like to get an opinion on the tune file before writing it

Jeep has no cats, Borla loop delete & exhaust and K&N drop in filter.

appreciate your feedback guys

Br,
    Ray

no one ?

Tuner in Training
    I'm far from an expert, but I've been tuning my 2014 JK and that tune you have makes no sense to me. VE table looks completely whacky and wrong to me, and you're turning off the neural net so it best be right. Your MAP sensor values aren't stock. Your injector values aren't stock. All sorts of less important but very strange stuff to my eye. Is this vehicle boosted with aftermarket MAP and injectors? If not you have a big problem there.

Good luck with that tune. I sure hope you have a wideband sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by christensent View Post
    I'm far from an expert, but I've been tuning my 2014 JK and that tune you have makes no sense to me. VE table looks completely whacky and wrong to me, and you're turning off the neural net so it best be right. Your MAP sensor values aren't stock. Your injector values aren't stock. All sorts of less important but very strange stuff to my eye. Is this vehicle boosted with aftermarket MAP and injectors? If not you have a big problem there.

Good luck with that tune. I sure hope you have a wideband sensor.
    Thanks for replying,

No in fact jeep is NA with stock MAP and injectors
    I wasn't sure about VE tables also, guess will revert it to stock and enable neural net
    no WB

what else you think is not right ?

appreciate your patience and guidance, its my first time and trying to clear things out before writing it to jeep

Br,
    Ray
    Last edited by RedShark_JK; 12-07-2019 at 03:05 AM.

after more reading and studying, I think now i have better understanding of the process thanks to this forum
    1- I will start with current tune and take a log with much points as possible in different driving situation.
    2- Take a look on LTFT and STFT records and adjust in accordingly in VE tables then record data again till i have good AFR in most scenarios.
    3- Advancing the sparks carefully to get benefit from 98 Octane and keep an eye on KR

what still not clear for me :
    1-when do i need to modify fuel Mass & PW, only if i change the injectors or there is a scenario where i can benefit from adjusting it ?
    2-Adjusting VVT cams, i read lot of inputs that cams are mostly tuned for emissions and way far from best performance. this can be done only on Dyno or there is a way to optimize ?

thank you again everyone