Thread: What can be done to toyota tundra transmission?

Tuner in Training

What can be done to toyota tundra transmission?

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has played with the tundras shifting?

I really hate the delay in the "s"mode, would like it to shift when I tell it to instead of waiting a few seconds, pretty useless as is.

Also OV tuning claims to have a tune that is exclusive to them and allows you to hold the transmission in gear. Is that possible with hp tuners?

Anything else you've played around with?

Tuner in Training
    Holding gears is easy, just drop the shift points - look at the tow/haul shift scheduling tables in the attached tune as a crude example.

Admittedly, in practice I use a low, non-zero number for everything other than the 1-2 shift, so I'm not sure what it decides when everything is zero'd out, I'll have to play with that.

That being said, there's just not really much point to holding other gears (3-6) all the way to a standstill, and I find that I only really use the "gear hold" to do high load, low RPM logging and on the rarest of occasions on a back road.

As far as delay with the shifter, nothing much we can do with that, better to just leave it in drive to get good WOT shifting (a manual 1-2 is especially hopeless) and just treat "S" as a range select. If it's any consolation, it's pretty common gripe across makes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! I will play with that then, before buying this sequoia I drove some audi's and BMW's ect. They all seemed to have terrible "s" mode seems like it is mostly a marketing feature and completely useless I thought the 6spd yukon denali was better so was hoping this could be improved. It's never as good as a real stick and clutch though I guess.