Thread: 2019 Silverado tuning question

Potential Tuner

2019 Silverado tuning question

Do I need to send my ecu in to have it unlocked or can I just buy the 10 credits and tune it?

Advanced Tuner
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    I don't get it. In Supported vehicles page, there is this:
    19-20 Silverado 5.3, 6.2 (2) 10 N/A

the note (2) means:
    2Note: 2017+ GM 8-Speed and 10-Speed Tranmission Control Modules require unlock via HP tuners GM TCM Unlock service before tuning.

So I suppose, unless I need to tune TCM as well, then 10 credits is enough, isn't it?

If I have to spend 1900$ just to be able to change wheels size, it doesn't make too much sense.

Tuner
    Just go to a dealer and pay like $250 or so for them to change it then haha

Yeah, it's those 10 credits have you buy the new computer that is required. Someday the cost may drop but probably will be a bit yet.

As shane said the dealership if they work with you can change the tire size to biggest size that comes on a factory truck. So if you installed 35's or something it's still going to be wrong but closer than it would be if your stock truck came with 31.5 to 32in tall tires.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Must be sent to HPtuners for unlock, plus the 10 credits. Just had mine done!