Thread: Licencing/credits and multiple files for 1 PCM

Potential Tuner

Licencing/credits and multiple files for 1 PCM

Hi,
    I'm new user of MPVI2 interface and have following issue:
    Few weeks ago I purchased 2006 Chrysler 300 C SRT terribly tuned by someone in the past. No original stock file available.
    I want to load some factory default file found on this forum and test few other files from few tuners just check wich settings are ok for me.
    I want to start my own experiments with my PCM later on.

Reading licencing policy and some threads on forum I have concern how many credits is necesary for such scenario? The file I download from flash has a lot of changes, so manually reverting them to factory defaults and upload to PCM will take long hours...and looks like every file from other sources than my own PCM requires licence... please advice how to manage this case to optimise credits usage.

Advanced Tuner
    Open compare file, click the edit drop down, compare differences, right click, copy all differences. Few clicks can revert it back to factory parameters.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    or what we would recommend would be to have the ecm flashed to stock using the factory Chrysler/dodge tool via dealer or similar and read that file out. Any other way really isn't recommended by us.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for hinting. I spoke to dealer - they say they can update ecm only if there is any update available. So looks like if there is current software they are useless.
    I revert changes in my flashed file using stock file and "compare files" capability as hinted below.

Thank you both for help.

Tuner in Training
    Hello, what is your actual FCA calibration (0489***)?
    ;o)

Potential Tuner
    operating system: 05030234AE, serial T9CEH09468JAJG , Harware: NGC3 CAN, Dodge - this is visible data in calibration details.

Tuner in Training
    for sure, but where is you file to get info?
    Attached STOCK 05030234AE READ
    .05030234AE STOCK.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Questions to @HPTuners:

1. How to upload the hpt file into the repository?
    2. What exactly VCM is reading? Calibration and system or other ideas?
    3. Is "write entire" writing also system? This mean having blank ECM it is possible to load system by "writing entire"?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1. uploading is currently disabled in the repository, no eta.
    2. the os, the calibration, the vin.
    3. writes the os and the calibration, our hardware/software cannot be used to flash a blank ecm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by 145slawek View Post
    Thanks for hinting. I spoke to dealer - they say they can update ecm only if there is any update available. So looks like if there is current software they are useless.
    I revert changes in my flashed file using stock file and "compare files" capability as hinted below.

Thank you both for help.
    What I would do is pretend you are replacing the ECM not updating it. That I have done with GM ECM's and Ford. With Ford when they tell you to turn the ignition on to read the ECM for calibrations before they tell you to replace the ECM, just leave the ignition off. After trying to read it a couple of times it will tell you to replace the ECM. Then install the "As Built" version. That will replace everything. But you will have to do a security/anti theft reset which usually requires 2 keys. Make sure you have 2 keys before beginning the process or you will have a no start.