Thread: 2006 G6 GTP lZ9 stand alone

Potential Tuner

2006 G6 GTP lZ9 stand alone

I am working on finishing up my E67, lZ9 harness in a rock buggy running a manual trans and had a few questions on the final connections. I am hoping someone here would have some insight.

Park/neutral signal, C3 pin 46, do I need to hook this up?

Starter relay coil control, C1 pin 56, is this my starter trigger wire?

Run/crank ignition 1 voltage, C1 pin 19, does this go to my ignition switch?

Accessory voltage, C1 pin 18, I do not know what to do with this.

Powertrain relay control, C1 pin 40, not sure on this one either.

Battery positive voltage, C1 pin 20, Is my main un-switched power?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I am working on finishing up my E67, lZ9 harness in a rock buggy running a manual trans and had a few questions on the final connections. I am hoping someone here would have some insight.

Park/neutral signal, C3 pin 46, do I need to hook this up?

Starter relay coil control, C1 pin 56, is this my starter trigger wire?

Run/crank ignition 1 voltage, C1 pin 19, does this go to my ignition switch?

Accessory voltage, C1 pin 18, I do not know what to do with this.

Powertrain relay control, C1 pin 40, not sure on this one either.

Battery positive voltage, C1 pin 20, Is my main un-switched power?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Here is what I gather and what I would try first.
    Park/neutral signal, C3 pin 46 - Trans outputs a Ground signal when in park or neutral, so it depends how you have the ECM programmed

Starter relay coil control, C1 pin 56 - Do you mean pin 26? Yes this is the ECM out put for starter, but I'm guessing it would only work if you are using the BCM also to trigger it.

Run/crank ignition 1 voltage, C1 pin 19 - This is 12v switched from fuse box or anywhere where you have power in the run crank positions.

Accessory voltage, C1 pin 18 - This looks to be 12v out to BCM or anything else looking for switched power signal. I would leave it empty.

Powertrain relay control, C1 pin 40 - This switches a relay for injectors and other items in factory fuse block. Let it empty if you have that taken care of already

Battery positive voltage, C1 pin 20 - This is constant fused 12v power to the ECM.

-Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by radrace19 View Post
    Here is what I gather and what I would try first.
    Park/neutral signal, C3 pin 46 - Trans outputs a Ground signal when in park or neutral, so it depends how you have the ECM programmed

Starter relay coil control, C1 pin 56 - Do you mean pin 26? Yes this is the ECM out put for starter, but I'm guessing it would only work if you are using the BCM also to trigger it.

Run/crank ignition 1 voltage, C1 pin 19 - This is 12v switched from fuse box or anywhere where you have power in the run crank positions.

Accessory voltage, C1 pin 18 - This looks to be 12v out to BCM or anything else looking for switched power signal. I would leave it empty.

Powertrain relay control, C1 pin 40 - This switches a relay for injectors and other items in factory fuse block. Let it empty if you have that taken care of already

Battery positive voltage, C1 pin 20 - This is constant fused 12v power to the ECM.

-Greg
    Hi Greg, thanks for the fast response!

I am a complete newb when it comes to this advanced of a harness and tuning work, but I wanted to attempt it nonetheless. I plan to keep it as simple as possible, just a toggle ignition switch and push start button.

Park/neutral signal, C3 pin 46, should I just wire this directly to ground then?

Starter relay coil control, C1 pin 26, you are correct 56 is a typo. I am not using a bcm so this can be removed. The push button will trigger the starter relay.

Run/crank ignition 1 voltage, C1 pin 19, this can be tied in with all the other pink ignition sources in my new fuse box?

Powertrain relay control, C1 pin 40, this can be removed because I am using the toggle to Trigger my ignition relay?

Accessory voltage, C1 pin 18, I can use this to trigger an additional relay to run a steering cooler fan when ignition is in run/crank?

Thanks again

Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Hi Greg, thanks for the fast response!

I am a complete newb when it comes to this advanced of a harness and tuning work, but I wanted to attempt it nonetheless. I plan to keep it as simple as possible, just a toggle ignition switch and push start button.

Park/neutral signal, C3 pin 46, should I just wire this directly to ground then?

Starter relay coil control, C1 pin 26, you are correct 56 is a typo. I am not using a bcm so this can be removed. The push button will trigger the starter relay.

Run/crank ignition 1 voltage, C1 pin 19, this can be tied in with all the other pink ignition sources in my new fuse box?

Powertrain relay control, C1 pin 40, this can be removed because I am using the toggle to Trigger my ignition relay?

Accessory voltage, C1 pin 18, I can use this to trigger an additional relay to run a steering cooler fan when ignition is in run/crank?

Thanks again

Tyler
    If you wire the park/neutral signal to ground permanently the ECU will assume the car is in park/neutral (obviously). Doing this might activate some rev limits or other things in the ECU. I think I would leave it empty at first.

Yes leave p26 empty

Yes I would say you can tie pin 19 in with the rest of your ignition source wires in the fuse box just make sure you don't over fuse per wire. If a single wire can only handle 5 amp and you have to install a 10a fuse because you have too much draw, there could be an issue later. What you would need to do is separate some of them onto different fuses.

Yes pin 18 will turn on a relay at key on if needed.
    -Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Potential Tuner
    Awesome, thanks Greg!