Thread: 2013 Focus ST tune advise needed!

Tuner in Training

2013 Focus ST tune advise needed!

I've been tuning GM's exclusively and just got my first 4 cyl EcoBoost. It's a 5sp manual with a vented BOV and CAI but everything else is stock. Can you please give me some idea of where to start on this thing? It's not as intuitive as even a GM is. I'm not a fan of the vented BOV but that's what it has. I don't see any guides here for this motor. Thank you for any and all advice.

Tuner in Training
    youre gonna find out real quick why theres more GM tuners than ford tuners when working on this thing. where to start is all torque management man, i use cobb access tuner for tuning the ecos unless the customer doesnt want it. so i dont have a tune file for a ST in Hpt to share for you.

Tuner in Training
    Research is your friend. I have spent the better part of last week and yesterday tuning on my 2018 escape and now have a decent running tune. I went thru and read the ecoboost tuning guide from Cobb and the one here for the tarus sho. Then i started looking at other peoples tunes and reading posts. I slowly started moving things around and its beginning to run quite well. I will warn you on maxing out LSPI tables at low rpm as these cars build boost fast. Log your knock cyl1-4 and make sure that the car has 93 in it.

Advanced Tuner
    In a great oversimplification, essentially you will command more torque with the driver demand, and open up airflow/torque limits to allow it to reach the requested torque.

The factory calibration of everything is actually pretty damn good at doing what it does. You request more torque, and the ecm does the work/math to reach it as long as you don't have limits in the way. Just beware of too much too soon.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for your suggestions. It is indeed far more complicated than I thought. And it does appear that Cobb has done a lot more for the Ford's than HPtuners has. But HPTuners is what I have. Again thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    And even fewer Dodge tuners out there

Tuner in Training
    lol correct i also tune dodge.. and when i learned it and still learning im just like WOW