Thread: Leaning out at Idle

Tuner in Training

Exclamation Leaning out at Idle

I just installed a turbo on my 2013 LS3 Camaro. I had tuned for partial throttle first and my fuel trims got down to 0.0 and my afr was good for idle. Today I turned my car on and it started to surge in low RPM. Once I got to a red light and put the car in neutral it leaned out and almost shut off on me. However, under throttle, everything had been going well and has no problems keeping the AFR in the 14s while driving. Let me know what I can alter b/c I'm pretty sure it has to be in the tune. Car is completely stock besides the turbo. I have fuel injectors and a pump I'm going to install when I up the boost. I am pretty new to this so thank you for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's probably not a good idea to completely disable all o2 sensor related codes. If you are still using the upstream o2 sensor, you may want to know if something happens to them.

You also left the cat test enabled as well.

I don't have much to go by in those logs. You're missing the wideband data in there as well. Don't forget to get a new MAP sensor so you can log boost.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's probably not a good idea to completely disable all o2 sensor related codes. If you are still using the upstream o2 sensor, you may want to know if something happens to them.

You also left the cat test enabled as well.

I don't have much to go by in those logs. You're missing the wideband data in there as well. Don't forget to get a new MAP sensor so you can log boost.
    Okay, I will run it tomorrow and grab the wideband data. I went off of "The Tuning School" book. I am using the upstream o2 sensor so I will go back and alter that.

Other than that, in your experience what could cause an idle to start leaning out like that?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    check your fuel pressure and on your turbo setup is it a returnless or return style system
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    check your fuel pressure and on your turbo setup is it a returnless or return style system
    Its getting fuel.. Could this be a spark plug, plug wire, or bad maf?

Senior Tuner
    It could be a misfire caused by a bad plug or plug wire. Or it could be an exhaust leak. Or several other things...
    Where is your BOV located? Is it closed at idle?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    It could be a misfire caused by a bad plug or plug wire. Or it could be an exhaust leak. Or several other things...
    Where is your BOV located? Is it closed at idle?
    I'm gonna replace the wires tonight and check the plugs. I'm not getting a CEL.
    I've been looking for an exhaust leak but can't seem to find one.
    BOV is located a little before the MAF sensor. It seems to be closed at idle.

A little extra info:
    - I'm running the Huron Speed Single Turbo kit for 5th gen Camaro
    - The tuning school says my tune file looks ok. Which makes me think its mechanical unless yall see anything in the tune that I did wrong.