Thread: 14 f type s

14 f type s

I had a 14 ftype s show up today. completely stock car heres the stock file. I will do some runs and changes see how well they respond with hp tuners. file is very very basic.
    Edit: laid down 334 hp and 319 tq in 5th gear.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tadias48; 12-03-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    2017 mustang gt

well I was able to get a max hp of 366 but avg runs where at 363 361 and 333 ft lbs. on 91. max psi of 13 borderline 14 and 18-21 degrees of timing. with a lambda of .82 I tried to lean it out to .85 but knock retard was really bad.
    2017 mustang gt

Tuner
    Those are good numbers and improvement. Congrats.

Many of the possible tuning parameters are missing for the 2014 F-Type as compared to a stock 2016 F-Type tune.

However, it looks like you are having the same issue as I with the VCM Scanner. The scanner doesn't reliably retrieve many of the PID's. For example your vehicle speed stays 38 MPH until after the pull is over. Most likely there are others too.

Bluetooth doesn't work at all for me. It fails with a protocol failure and only seeing the OBDII PID's. This happens on my F-Type and C7.

Out of 4 Windows 10 notebooks only 1 works as described above with V2 the other 3 don't work at all with V2. Never had a problem with V1 on the C7.

It was my first jaguar and being there wasn't many posts I tried to contribute a little information to what I experienced.
    2017 mustang gt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadias48 View Post
    It was my first jaguar and being there wasn't many posts I tried to contribute a little information to what I experienced.
    Much appreciated!

Have you had a chance to make anymore modifications to the tune? If so, what were the results?

well I was able to get a max hp of 366 but avg runs where at 363 361 and 333 ft lbs. on 91. max psi of 13 borderline 14 and 18-21 degrees of timing. with a lambda of .82 I tried to lean it out to .85 but knock retard was really bad.
    Very great results and thanks for sharing the files

What kind of dyno it is?

sorry I just saw this. This was on a 800 Mustang Dyno. No the customer was happy and we haven't seen the car back. I tried pushing a watermeth kit as the air charge temp was getting stupid hot at 11 psi. I just wanted to share my findings as there wasn't much in the forums.
    2017 mustang gt

Potential Tuner
    Great man!
    This is getting me excited, a friend of mine is tuning my v6 XF using HP and I wasn't completelty sure it would work as not many have tried HP.

Any other cars you've done?

also wheel HP or crank?

this was wheel HP. i do mostly ls and coyotes. this was my first jaguar and completely stock so there was a learning curve to it. For some reason i cant open the files anymore. but manifold air temps were horrible I saw over 130 close to 150 even with an ice bag on the top. so i would highly recommend water-methanol injection for octane and cooler charge temps.
    2017 mustang gt