Thread: 06 Silverado walbro 400 pump

Tuner in Training

06 Silverado walbro 400 pump

My question is can I drop a walbro 400 into my tank and not blow up my factory fuel rails and not burn up the pump in a short period of time? Also with it being a non return system is there a way with hp tuners to regulate voltage to the pump so that I don?t blow it up fast?

That pump won't hurt the factory rails.

You will want to have an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator though. Your truck does not have a fuel pump control module to edit.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Didn't sloppy mechanics make 962rwhp through the factory rails on E85 using two of those 450pumps?

Tuner in Training
    How would you go about installing a fuel pressure regulator? Would you install aftermarket rails and do a return fuel system? Or would you keep factory rails and just use a return style fuel pressure regulator? Also what?s the hp limits of the factory rails?

HP Limit due to line diameter depends on fuel, gasoline goes farther than ethanol given similar volume so you can't ask that question without referring to fuel type

Next, your fuel system is return style, unless its a PWM setup. You need to give the year of the fuel system, and whether or not its a PWM control pump or not before we can answer that question.

Pretty sure any factory rail can support 700-1000rwhp in general (lets say gasoline for sure) so if you are anywhere below that then I wouldn't worry about it.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so to be exact my truck is a 06 2500hd Silverado I plan to be running 91 pump possibly doing flex fuel too since I have the p59ecm with the flex fuel option I have already installed the walbro 450 into the tank in the oem basket I haven?t checked pressure yet