Thread: Transmission tune

Tuner in Training

Transmission tune

Hello, I'm back and looking for any sort of help I can get. Im trying to achieve 7400 RPM shifts which I know is possible as every ots tuner offers this. I will I have tried many suggestions and changed many things and nothing seems to work. I have successfully stopped it from hitting a fuel cut upon passing 7000 rpm but it still bounces off some sort of limiter near 7200 and or sticks at 7200 until I let off. Attached are all of my tune attempts including ecu and tcu as well as any logs that I do have. Literally any sort of help at all is appreciated

Do you have Manual Auto Upshift disabled? I took a look at your OSS maps and those look fine.
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner in Training

Test this out

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duke View Post
    Hello, I'm back and looking for any sort of help I can get. Im trying to achieve 7400 RPM shifts which I know is possible as every ots tuner offers this. I will I have tried many suggestions and changed many things and nothing seems to work. I have successfully stopped it from hitting a fuel cut upon passing 7000 rpm but it still bounces off some sort of limiter near 7200 and or sticks at 7200 until I let off. Attached are all of my tune attempts including ecu and tcu as well as any logs that I do have. Literally any sort of help at all is appreciated
    Try this out, I have a few things in my map that are not changed in yours, namely airflow limiter and some extra fuel, mine revs out to 7400 no problem.A6 91oct test 1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Ill give it a go today thanks!

Tuner in Training
    And unfortunately, it does the same thing. I apologize I did not have time to get a log but it does the same thing. In manual it sticks at 7200 and doesn't shift and in sport, it bounces off 7200 once or twice and then shifts. It makes me think there's something wrong with my transmission but it shifts great at 7000 and I never feel any slip or anything.

Tuner in Training

Transmission

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duke View Post
    And unfortunately, it does the same thing. I apologize I did not have time to get a log but it does the same thing. In manual it sticks at 7200 and doesn't shift and in sport, it bounces off 7200 once or twice and then shifts. It makes me think there's something wrong with my transmission but it shifts great at 7000 and I never feel any slip or anything.
    One of the other things in the trans map that is different to mine, is that you have [TCM] 46859 disabled, in mine its enabled.

Tuner in Training
    I'm pretty sure I've tried with it enabled but I'll give it a go. This tune in general has a lot of changes that I don't typically run on my 7k shift tune because I was just trying anything I could think of to make it work. I'll re-write, flash, and see if I can get a log. Probably just shoot for 72 because I can't get it to rev over 72 anyways.

Tuner in Training
    You may want to search through your engine cal parameters to see if you're missing a limiter somewhere. I chased a similar issue recently on my Golf R.