Thread: 2012 ram 1500 hemi base timing ref. tables

Potential Tuner

Post 2012 ram 1500 hemi base timing ref. tables

I've been wanting to learn more about tuning factory ECM's, I've been a dodge tech for 30 years, so I understand fuel, ing. and computer systems. So I decided to get a hp tuner and start learning with my 2012 ram hemi, my truck only has a 91 octane tune and a 180* t-stat, I just want to learn with my truck.

I had a superchips tune on the truck i figured with it being a generic tune, I could learn and maybe even improve the tune at the same time. I started by extracting both the stock and superchip's 91 octane tunes, I adjusted the transmission shifting with info I found here, and did some simple CL NN tuning to the fuel mass vs. inj PW. just to understand and get comfortable with the process. I want to also turn off the NN and tune the VE tables just to get experience tuning that way too.

I never knew there was so many timing tables, I've been reading and trying to find out all I can about the tables, there is just not a lot if info out there about tuning dodge's. My question is, in my tune spark/ advance/ base corrections, should I data long with my IAT close to my part throttle ref. IAT of 86*? And should I change my part throttle ref. ECT from 212* to 185*, because that's what my coolant temp is now running with the 180* t-stat?

Advanced Tuner
    These tables are for when these temps reach this point they start pulling timing to save the motor, Once your temp reaches this plus your deadband it starts pulling timing based on the chart. For a stock vehicle id leave them alone.. There is alot of information here just look into the how to section pinned at the top.