Thread: Fiesta ST 1.6 throttle close at 4500rpm under WOT. ideas?

Fiesta ST 1.6 throttle close at 4500rpm under WOT. ideas?

hi

does anybody have any idea what to check and adjust to avoid this damn throttle closure? i tried to play with different limiters and shit but still same no change.
    only way it doesnt close is if i lower boost...

i have checked different threads about this but 0 solutions.
    maybe someone can help

here are files.

thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    You need to log Driver demand limit source, torque airlimit source, wb eq raito, knock on cyl 1-4, etc torque request, manifold charge temp and vct schedule mode.
    I looked through your tune and there are a couple places you could make changes
    1. Under airflow>pressure control>max pressure move it up a bit
    2. Under airflow>pressure control>Maximum>max vs turbo air flow you need to raise these up as well
    3. Under fuel>power enrich>throttle>fuel enrichment pedal you need to re scale this to be smoother change the rpms to something like 1000-7000 instead of all 6000 then make the lower values 60 and scale it up until maybe 3500 then go 30 the rest of the way
    4. Under fuel>power enrichment>power enrichment>wot lamba you need to lean it up a bit. I would say scale it and end at .820
    4.Under torque monitor>modeling>CLIP/ADD disable this
    5.Under torque management>general>maximum torque>max gross, max torque 1-3 all these need to be raised a good bit
    6.Under torque management>general>etc torque management>wot clip disable this
    7.Under torque management>general>etc torque management>scheduled max torque raise this up a good bit
    8.Under torque management>general>etc torque management>LSPI LO HI NOMINAL here is where you need to be careful but your needs to be raised i would raise them slowly maybe 2.5-2.7 but only below 120 mct leave above this stock(you need to datalog mct) FMEM raise this a bit but only above say 3500rpms
    Did you already raise you driver demand torque boards?
    If you want go make another datalog with those extra parameters and post it before you make any more changes to the tune i will take a look at it.

Advanced Tuner
    It?s because you are hitting a limiter. Log the stuff mentioned above to find the culprit.

tried, but same sh*t....

here are both files.
    please check
    Attached Files Attached Files

anybody?

Potential Tuner
    I know this a 3 week old post, but I'll chime in anyway in case the issue hasn't been resolved. No professional here, but I see your TIP Actual stays below your TIP desired right up until the throttle cuts. As soon as you hit the desired limit these ecoboosts use the throttle to modulate TIP. It's pretty normal, but you can tune your wastegate or canister pressure tables to cut back a bit. It's not a full blown closure, like a safety limit. There's loads of info on it, but having the throttle modulate boost vs. the wastegate gives you more instant power during, say, a corner exit.

Potential Tuner
    something is going on with your fuel rail pressure.