Thread: Is there a Tune Scaling Checklist?

Tuner in Training

Is there a Tune Scaling Checklist?

This is my first shot at boosted tuning and wouldn't you know it, my new injectors blow right past the 63.5 #/hr hard limit in the tune file/OS. Is there a checklist or spreadsheet anywhere that would help me make sure I cover all the bases? I want to keep the possibility of using MAF flow too.

2006 LS2 GTO
    E40 ECM
    2-bar tune

work in progress tune attached if it helps....
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can use the double stoich, half the injector flow rate, half the IVT terms so you can fit large injectors. It would then allow for 127lb/hr injectors doing it this way and just use lambda instead of AFR if you were doing it that way before.

Don't forget a 2 bar MAP sensor too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ivt ?
    I've been using lambda and I'm expecting the 2 bar MAP sensor in the mail tomorrow.
    Last edited by lejambcr; 12-04-2019 at 07:16 PM.

The IVT terms in the same section as the the other two tables. It's over on the right. Half the IVT's AFR Terms table when you do the double stoich method.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    OK, found it.

Tuner in Training
    Do I need to do anything to the SPARK or VE tables?

Tuner in Training
    Will this double stoich method work for closed loop? I read somewhere that closed loop forces a lambda of 1.0. I still plan to tune using MAF flow provide that doesn't hit the 512 limit.

No, you don't "have" to scale anything else right now.

Yes, everything else works like normal. Closed loop is still going to work. Lambda doesn't change, it's still going to be 1.00 and the fuel trims are still going to try and achieve stoich.

Tune your VE, boost VE and the MAF like you want using a wideband and you'll be pretty good to go.

Tuner in Training
    Great, that stuff I'm pretty good at on NA engines so I'm excited to get going. Only problem is I'm still waiting on the supercharger so I can install it!
    Any thoughts on how to populate an initial guess on VE's in the new boost table that comes with the 2 bar OS? I'm going to start with MAF but I usually do the VE table too.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lejambcr View Post
    Great, that stuff I'm pretty good at on NA engines so I'm excited to get going. Only problem is I'm still waiting on the supercharger so I can install it!
    Any thoughts on how to populate an initial guess on VE's in the new boost table that comes with the 2 bar OS? I'm going to start with MAF but I usually do the VE table too.
    if you're keeping that maf, do some searching how to derive GMVE numbers from MAF while logging, that will give you a really close starting place on boost GMVE. Other way would be to go off the stock GMVE values, dial in the part throttle and extrapolate into boost, then start working on the boost areas in logs, slowly going up making sure everything is safe.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Actually I did that math setup in my scanner files early this year and have used it to fill my VE table with better numbers already. I will do the same once again after the supercharger install. I was just wondering if there are any rules of thumb to create something in the boosted VE table since it is filled with ZERO's when you do the 2 bar as I'm sure you already know. I'll probably just copy the last values in the non-boosted table and paste them into the entire boost VE table to start with.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by lejambcr; 12-05-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Use the last values in the non boosted VE table in the first row of the boosted VE table and the last column of the boosted table. Then, Highlight the 255 column and multiply by 1.2. Then highlight the whole table and interpolate between horizontal bounds. Are you getting a GM Map sensor?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    OK sounds good thanks! Yes, GM #12615136 In fact it already arrived. I will be installing it and flashing the new OS and tune later today!