Thread: Controller Unlocker: X36 Exceed Number of Attempts

Potential Tuner

Controller Unlocker: X36 Exceed Number of Attempts

Vehicle Info: 2000 Camaro, 5.7 L, 8 Cyl, GM_P01
    Hardware: P01 ECM, Gen3 V8, 4.3L V6

PCM HDW: 16220610
    Serv # 09354896

Hopefully the information above is enough. The first set of info is displayed in VCM Editor when reading vehicle. The other set of numbers is on the PCM itself. I have the new MPVI2 Pro Version. The the x36 error, as stated in the title of this thread, appears after it tries to communicate and read entire.
    The engine is a 5.7 LS1 from a Camaro.
    I have read that this error most likely means the PCM is tuned and needs to be reflashed or purchase a new one. This came out of a stock Camaro, I did heads and cam to the engine.

My question is, is this the correct PCM for this vehicle? Noticing the v6 in the hardware info, was a v8 calibration/os flashed into a v6 PCM? Also, is it truly tune locked or can this error mean other things?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ecm is tunerlocked.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekin View Post
    Noticing the v6 in the hardware info, was a v8 calibration/os flashed into a v6 PCM?
    That just means the hardware was for V8 and V6.

As Bill said its likely tunerlocked. There are ways you can try and get around this by grounding a pin on the board inside the pcm. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5828
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

I have the same issues , but I contacted the previous tuner , he told me to bring the pcm to bench flash the tune , but it was still that error , he was kind to email me the tune unlocked but I still not able to flash the pcm got the same error .

12212156 P01 2002 Camaro MT