Thread: 99 chevy 6.0 sd vs maf

Tuner in Training

99 chevy 6.0 sd vs maf

brand new build 6.0 stage 1 turbo cam was tuned sd because of boost now we have took the turbo off and running motor with the turbo cam which is better

I'd keep it VE if the MAF is already gone, wouldn't bother me at all.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    If it were me I would put a MAF back on, but either way will work fine.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the maf sensor is just a fast acting air density measuring device. its accurate as shit but the ve table will accomplish everything the maf can do and its also the default fuel settings for say when a maf does fail. I've never had any issue removing one and running sd only. on anything with more than a mild cam or boosted, i just run run sd only and forget the maf because it causes me more headaches and time. granted my work is now strictly my personal cars so i can make these decisions without having to hear my customers opinion about it.

you should have the old maf without the iat circuit so removing it and going sd only should be no big deal at all. in fact if you just want to ignore it but leave it in place for a while thats fine too. just go through the sd setup steps and maf disable will be one of them.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman