Thread: Little help? Trying to get best power out of stock 5.3 runs a little sluggish

Potential Tuner

Little help? Trying to get best power out of stock 5.3 runs a little sluggish

At WOT, it feels a little sluggish like its running lean. On WOT I get lean codes bank 1 and bank 2. Anyone care to look what I could change? I attached my stock tune and the tune im running. Would it help if I had my actual values of the 02 sensors and MAP data? Im just trying to get the most power with a stock setup besides K&N cold air intake. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first post also.MyTruckStock.hptstock with my tune3tune.hpt

Why did you change the linear and offset values for the MAP sensor if the truck is stock?

Those values should never be changed unless you changed to a different MAP sensor itself.

It wouldn't surprise me that you get weird engine codes if you changed those settings for no reason.

Don't go changing random fuel pressure settings either, it seems those were changed but I can't come up with a reason why. You need to do proper diag instead of just changing things to make do what you want.

Other than changing the power enrichment eq ratio to run a leaner AFR than stock you still left all the delays in place. If you want it to drop into PE faster, move the pedal enable from 87 down to 50%. Lower the 5,000rpm delay down to 1,500. Increase the fuel ramp in from 0.050 to 1.500.

Get a wideband in the exhaust to monitor real time air fuel ratio's if you must but a stock truck shouldn't just go lean unless you have a fuel pump problem.

Log everything you think you need to log. If that includes the o2 sensors, knock retard, commanded fueling and everything else.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.