Thread: Help with a l86 TS VVT1 cam tune

Potential Tuner

Help with a l86 TS VVT1 cam tune

Hey guys looking for a little insite I have a 2017 Sierra 6.2 A8 just installed a vvt1 cam from Texas speed also has usual stuff headers, cold air, now I got it running and driving my question is does anyone have a tune close to what I have that works good just trying to get more of a feel for things I did already update the vve and vt tables and some other stuff and it seems ok but could be better just trying to see what other ppl changed I?ll post my tune tommarow as I left my laptop at work ugh the truck is going to a professional tuner that does gen v stuff but that?s 2 weeks away would like to get it closer before I go
    Ps I do understand the basics of the torque base stuff but I am still learning so thanks for any help ppl offer

I have a tune from my C7 GS FBO with TSP Stage 3 VVT cam... Not really sure it will help, engine is close... Don't DL in your PCM it, just look at it

It is not fully finished. MAF, SD are pretty good, timing is decent. Doing final adjustments thursday on the dyno

Tuning TSP Cam spark test 0301.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    You can take a look at mine. I have a 228/236 114-111 .635/.635 cam with ported heads, TB, and intake in a Camaro LT1. VVE is still off since I still have a rough idle and it pulls way to much torque when traction control kick in, I believe if I can get VVE right this will fix the airflow vs torque model and fix these issues. Its just so hard to get VVE right and calculate the coefficients to where it dosent throw other parts of the table off so you end up diverging the more iterations you do in changing the VVE table.

Fifty Tune Modified ECM_TCM_FICM.hpt