Thread: What to do?

Tuner in Training

What to do?

Ok I have the vehicle in sd do you keep the commanded afr at 14.68 ? Because I keep adding to ve but even when I hit pe the afr doesn?t get any fatter. I?ve adjusted pe and boost enrich but it?s not getting better

Senior Tuner
    You're doing it correctly. Once it enters PE mode, then it's open loop. It targets your desired EQ ratio that you entered into the PE table. You might post your tune so we can take a look. Are you logging Injector DC? Do you have a way of monitoring fuel pressure? I assume it's boosted since you mention the boost enrichment table. It could simply be that you're out of fuel pump or injector...

Tuner in Training
    I?m at work currently as soon as I get home I?ll post my tune file and log file, I know for a fact I?m not out of pump with the new walbro 450 installed, but the factory injectors are still in so I know they are way too small. Another question I have is how do I exactly log injector duty cycle to see where I?m at? I?m still new to all of this and greatly appreciate everyone?s feed back. I?m just trying to get my truck decent without blowing it up lol

Senior Tuner
    Just add it to the list of PIDs on your scanner.
    Once you click the connect button, just right click in any of the blanks on the left hand column and add injector DC.
    Be careful about adding more than 2-3 psi with the stock injectors. You'll certainly go lean, unless you're running flex fuel injectors.

Why even bother with stock injectors, you are just asking for a problem.

Park the truck untill you can provide it with enough fuel.

Injector duty cycle a math function. You must log injector pulse width avg for banks 1 and 2 in the channels list, then duty cycle will appear in the charts/graphs.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I have fast 650 injectors that I?m installing today or tomorrow does anybody have any data on them to make my life easier?