Thread: Iat spark advance correction not corresponding

Tuner in Training

Iat spark advance correction not corresponding

2006 Cadillac XLR-V (E67/T43)

Attached is a log showing IAT Advance go up to -11.5* I have the IAT2 tables set to not pull anything up to 158* yet it still pulls 11.5* when IAT2 reached 144*. I even have the multipliers set accordingly. Anything I'm missing or is it the logic in the software? I have noticed previous posts on this same issue with E67's on CTS-Vs
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mikha Motorsports; 12-06-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Just some general oversight here, looks like you are tuning for pump gas. Throughout the pull your commanded air fuel is 15.94, your actual a/f is decent (Your PE table is commanding more and it looks like you have a multiplier in open loop adder so it should be more), but when you hit 4th gear your a/f drastically changes and goes lean. Looks like you are running 12psi or so, maybe its a good thing the car is pulling timing... I would get your fueling issues figured out first, even your STFT before the pull are off.

Tuner in Training
    Correct I?m on pump gas. That?s the other issue I?m battling. Doesn?t seem to respond to fuel corrections and goes lean into 4th and worse with mph. I?m going to check fuel pressure just to sanity check. Any other suggestions?

That's likely the wrong channel for commanded air fuel ratio, that is why it's reading 20.40 while not in power enrichment. I would remove that channel and search for the channel again and add it. Also add the commanded EQ ratio (lambda).

Didn't look at the tune right now.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I updated the OP with the corresponding tune/log file, i originally had the wrong file posted. Sorry for the confusion. Too many trial and errors.

Am I going the right direction with the multiplier?

As for the channels, I'll try that on the next log file I record. Thank you so far..

Advanced Tuner
    Well this is not correct...

WRONG STOICH.png

it does explain why you are commanding 20.4 a/f tho, set it back to stock and redo your fueling. this will also help you get some resolution back to your maf table, you max it out at 11000hz that's probably why its not responding to fueling changes. If you set up an eq error % with your wideband you will be able to get the fueling adjusted very quickly.
    Last edited by ZincGT; 12-09-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I should have mentioned it?s tuned on SD.

The stoich isn't scaled for huge injectors is it?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    It?s on DEKA 80lbs injectors.

Those aren't that large but you could have done the normal scaling for injectors over 63.5lb/hr. That being double the stoich, half the IFR and half the IVT terms.

I don't know what the deal is with the IAT problem.

Advanced Tuner
    The tune you posted has the MAF setup to fail, but in Dynamic Airflow its telling it to use Maf data, not sure how that effects anything but I would raise the rpm for dynamic airflow.
    Last edited by ZincGT; 12-09-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Tuner in Training
    A little update on the IAT Advance..

The IAT2 Tables do NOT correlate directly with the IAT2 PID. The IAT2 tables is directly correlated with the MAT Manifold Air Temp PID which is a calculation of ECT, IAT2 & MAP... Duh.. May be different on other OS' but for this LC3 based OS its definitely MAT based. Which all makes sense since it got worse with more boost. So the IAT issue is resolved. Just onto the lean condition 4-5 seconds into the pull. Thanks so far! I'll report back when fueling is fixed.