Thread: Another LFX swap ... Please help clear things up

Potential Tuner

Another LFX swap ... Please help clear things up

Hello everyone. I plan swapping LFX engine into another vehicle but don't want to start because some things confuse me... Some people say that to run this engine properly you need E39 ECU from 2012 Camaro and if you intend to run it with manual transmission then you must get ECU exactly from manual transmission model. But as I can see in VCMEditor you can select Automatic or Manual so it's really confusing why this feature exists while people say it's impossible?
    You see I'm from Europe and here I can't get exactly 2012 Camaro 3.6 Manual tranmission E39 ECU Serv#12643248. It's just impossible. Can I use E92 ECU with 12651994 12643248 numbers on it from another LFX vehicle? I tried to contact HPTuners directly but they say it's custom application and they cannot guarantee. Well I understand that but question is still unanswered.
    Please share your knowledge... Thank you!

Tuner in Training
    Not sure if this helps you or not, but recently in the "Keisler Automation RX8 LFX/LGX Totality Swaps" FB group a gentleman mentioned that he is running a E39A ecu and I know his car is a manual, as we are discussing flywheel/clutch weights. So perhaps that broadens your search?

Senior Tuner
    Automatic/Manual setting doesn't change everything about the ecm to swap it from one to the other. It will need to be programmed with OEM programming (SPS2) to make the swap from auto to manual. And this can't be done with HPT.
    https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions#

At least that is my understanding.