Thread: 17 Silverado 6L80 Shift Issues. What am I missing.

Tuner in Training

17 Silverado 6L80 Shift Issues. What am I missing.

We recently did an LS3 495 crate and 6L80e swap using a 17 Silverado pcm. The car runs and drives great.. however under full throttle the shift goes up to redline, closes the throttle, opens the throttle maybe does a shift and then opens and closes again and eventually shifts on to the next gear. All the DD and VT tables seem to be in check. I have to be missing something. Any help is appreciated. Log and tune attached.

throttle-issues.hple72-17tcm-Colorado.hpt

Tuner
    It took a minute, but I think I found it. Your vve table looks jacked up for some reason. Looks like someone was tuning and quit halfway through. A table that rough is going to cause you all kinds of symptoms with etc, shifting, timing, ect. You need to at very least try to find a unmolested calibration for your engine and start with a stock vve table.

Tuner in Training
    hmm that is interesting. I must have copied over the tables or something.

Update.. tuned the VVE.. still shifting all crazy. I am so lost.
    Last edited by AlphaTuning; 12-09-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Why are your full throttle RPMs 1>2 set so low at 5,000 then you jump all the way to 6,300 for 2>3 and 3>4.

and your WOT Shift speed 1<2 is set all the way down to 20mph when it's trying to come out of first around 36 mph or so. Also your WOT shift speed need to match you part throttle shift speed at 100% you 9 mph different.

I'm no expert just some things to try.

I would try 34 to 36 mph in 1<2 WOT shift speed. also make Normal shift speed at 100% match what ever you set it to. Also bump your WOT shift RPM up to 6,000
    Last edited by Jonblarc7; 12-09-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Tuner
    I the last few I tuned, I used the Blue Cat software to set up my tables. There are some videos on youtube showing how to use them. Good stuff.