Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steeda cold air intake 18+mustang gt

Advanced Tuner
    I've got logs before I just switched over to Ethanol. BTW, the earlier tune posted reflects the winter blend available to me which is 71% Ethanol.

Here's an earlier tune pre-ethanol with cal (same MAF transfer) This is a closed course high load pull only and also has limited PIDs.

What are you looking for particularly ?
    I have some earlier more mixed driving pulls, maybe right before final applied MAF tweaks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Formerly tuned LS motors with hpt
    Now tuning "Full Bolt On" 2022 Mustang GT A10 on "E70"

Potential Tuner
    I just purchased that 5 inch air straightener for the intake tube for my steeda from ebay and should be here within the week. did you use the entire straightener or did you cut away any excess to make it fit snug?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BluestreamDE View Post
    I just purchased that 5 inch air straightener for the intake tube for my steeda from ebay and should be here within the week. did you use the entire straightener or did you cut away any excess to make it fit snug?
    It wedged in fairly nicely with no cutting. I just then got a few dabs of epoxy at 3 to 4 points where the straightener contacted the plastic housing.

Tuner
    Hey Dean, did you dial in your cam timing on a dyno or just play around with it and run it at the track? How do you like the results?

Advanced Tuner
    I went with some modest deviations from stock that I found from a member on here that seemed to know what they were talking about. Tested +/-6 degrees in Mexico (all intake side) and picked the best time or MAF peaks. Plan to run test & tune Saturday. Hoping for knocking on the door of 11.0 @ 125

Potential Tuner
    Did an idle and test drive with deanm11's MAF table (all credits to him) yesterday. I am not FBO, and still learning to tune so forgive my ignorance if i say something incorrect.

Currently have Just the Steeda Closed Box Intake w/o insert and a 3 inch catback on my 6 speed. Idled very well untill the engine temp kicked on the fans as the idle rpms dipped a bit too low for my liking. The drivability I felt was improved and did a quick 2nd gear pull up to 6800rpm. Couldn't go any more due to traffic. Felt strong and saw almost 45 MAF lbs/min at that rpm. Did the rough ballpark math on converting lbs/min into whp ( 44.68 x 9.5 = 424.46whp at 6800rpm ) minus counting in the VE of the engine.

Log will be attached to this. Next time, I will go to 7400rpm on a later date and post my own results with mild modifications.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Hey yall. did another test with cold start partial/half throttle and a few WOT runs. Ran the car up to 7400rpm this time and saw 49.43 lbs/min, .81-.82 lambda, running 24-27.5 of advanced timing with no knock until after 7k rpm where I saw up to 1.7 degrees retard, I figure richening it a bit would help that, or cut back on timing. Overall it felt very good.

I messes with the intake cam openings and exhaust cam closing by 5 degrees (Intake open 5 degrees earlier, Exhaust 5 degrees later) Not sure if it helped much but it felt strong up top.

I am a bit worried about my STFT's being up to 7% in closed loop. Is this acceptable?

If they're are any suggestions on what i could do soo far with my map id love to hear it. And i appreciate the second set of eyes.

Advanced Tuner
    Full mod list ?

To be sure, you know negative 'knock' logged is advance, not retard?

These cars have like 5hp possible in cam tune at best. How did you decide to make the change you did? You need data, not just 'it felt strong'

STFT - 7% everywhere? WOT throughout the rev range? If the latter, I'd want to adjust, though it's not devastating. Do you have LTFT enabled? What fuel are you running? Variations in the ethanol content of 93 could throw STFT off from tank to tank.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for not being clear. Mods are Steeda Closed Box Intake and Xforce Varex 3” Catback Exhaust. Fuel is 93 octane w/ a 4oz bottle of Boostane Shot (ups Octane 2-3 points).

I am aware how advanced and retard timing is displayed. In the log I posted after 7k rpm I would get some knock and It reduced timing by up to 1.7 degrees.

Not sure how else to say how the car felt. What kind of data would I need to be monitoring during data logging? I am new with tuning and any help will be appreciated.

Both STFTs and LTFTs are enabled, yes. The LTFTs were between .7 and 3.8 percent between banks during closed loop.

Advanced Tuner
    If you want to confirm changes are beneficial:

Under reasonably the same atmospheric conditions, ideally back to back on the same track or other safe exact spot: in the log, you can measure time elapsed, speed to speed and Peak MAF readings (adjusted by trims)
    That's how I tuned my cam timings.

Timing and fuel are known quantities on these motors- in my view, no real need to verify unless you have the time an inclination.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by BluestreamDE View Post
    Sorry for not being clear. Mods are Steeda Closed Box Intake and Xforce Varex 3? Catback Exhaust. Fuel is 93 octane w/ a 4oz bottle of Boostane Shot (ups Octane 2-3 points).

I am aware how advanced and retard timing is displayed. In the log I posted after 7k rpm I would get some knock and It reduced timing by up to 1.7 degrees.

Not sure how else to say how the car felt. What kind of data would I need to be monitoring during data logging? I am new with tuning and any help will be appreciated.

Both STFTs and LTFTs are enabled, yes. The LTFTs were between .7 and 3.8 percent between banks during closed loop.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by deanm11 View Post
    If you want to confirm changes are beneficial:

Under reasonably the same atmospheric conditions, ideally back to back on the same track or other safe exact spot: in the log, you can measure time elapsed, speed to speed and Peak MAF readings (adjusted by trims)
    That's how I tuned my cam timings.

Timing and fuel are known quantities on these motors- in my view, no real need to verify unless you have the time an inclination.

Dean
    Thanks for all your help Dean. I truly appreciate it. I will try to run these logs closer within the same conditions.

Good info

anyone have diffent tables on thier period for the MAF data car is super erratic. Trims shoot up and down over 20%Jorge 5.0 2019 Transbrake flex fuel perfect idle steeda work in progress.hpt

Issues only present in the lower idle/rpm range

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian8501 View Post
    Issues only present in the lower idle/rpm range
    Are you running with or without Steeda's insert? They caution as to basically what you are experiencing without the insert. I epoxied in my own aluminum honeycomb air straightener and it ran smooth without the insert.

Advanced Tuner

Steeda Coyote CAI

Here is what i have for the Steeda CAI

Steeda CAI Coyote 2015-2020.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    Wow mstang_man, the calibrated results I got where about 50% different than yours. Mine is the for the "Pro-Flow" closed box 2018+ unit, without the supplied insert.

Advanced Tuner

Steeda CAI

Wow mstang_man, the calibrated results I got where about 50% different than yours. Mine is the for the "Pro-Flow" closed box 2018+ unit, without the supplied insert.
    I posted the open version, the closed box version 121mm this is what i have for 121mm but cant recall if its open or closed.
    2018 GT 121mm Maf transfer function.JPG
    Last edited by mstang_man; 02-25-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    My derivation of the closed box version without the insert is within of 5-10% of this one that you post now.

Potential Tuner
    My derivation of the closed box version without the insert is within of 5-10% of this one that you post now.
    I believe the Steeda site says its 128mm w/o insert, 120-121mm with it in place. So that is not too far off from your calculations.