Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steeda cold air intake 18+mustang gt

Advanced Tuner

Steeda cold air intake 18+mustang gt

Does anyone have the maf transfer function on this by any chance?

Advanced Tuner
    I want it too

Doesn't steeda provide this?

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    Doesn't steeda provide this?
    No they won't provide you anything, asked many times that's why you should stay away from their shit.

Its easy to calibrate !!

Advanced Tuner
    Then
    Post results

Tuner in Training
    ever get this figured out?

Just tune the maf curve.

Tuner in Training
    you can buy from steeda two types of cold air intake one with a tune the other without a tune. why would they supply something that is not need. as already stated calibrate the maf yourself

Advanced Tuner
    I will be tuning the MAF transfer on the Steeda closed box cold air on my 2020 Mustang GT A10 (steeda # 555-3220.) Will share when I get to it.. maybe if there are some good weather days sometime in January.

Of note, on the closed box, they have an 120mm insert that they recommend for "daily driving applicaitons" "Removal of the insert will require a separate tune and should be used for performance or race applications only"

I will attempt without the insert at first. My tuning could be slightly affected by other mods: I have the Velossa air duct tube + I may install ported stock throttle body and intakes first. But my results should still be very close to the right point for a car without those mods.

Any updates on this I will be working on my car this week also an A10 with the closed box steeda. Just waiting on arrival...

Just tune the maf curve

Advanced Tuner
    I just installed the pro-flow without the 'insert' last night. I applied the simple stupid area scale up of about 52% in a first tune this morning. The car runs great and as smooth as ever. Trims weren't too bad at low flow but trims were adding about 15% at the top.

See attached, I added an aluminum honeycomb air straightener. This should/seems to give a stable read. I'll aim to tune the curve in the coming week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deanm11; 01-23-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    Formerly tuned LS motors with hpt
    Now tuning "Full Bolt On" 2022 Mustang GT A10 on "E70"

Quote Originally Posted by deanm11 View Post
    I just installed the pro-flow without the 'insert' last night. I applied the simple stupid area scale up of about 52% in a first tune this morning. The car runs great and as smooth as ever. Trims weren't too bad at low flow but trims were adding about 15% at the top.

See attached, I added an aluminum honeycomb air straightener. This should/seems to give a stable read. I'll aim to tune the curve in the coming week.

have you noticed a difference with and without the air straightener? curious how some areas of the maf period might do with something to help create laminar flow. few spots seem to be real sensitive to be able to hold a specific maf curve period in lower throttle regions.

Advanced Tuner
    I never tried the Steeda without the straightener. While re-tuning the MAF, I made some other tuning tweaks, so I can't be sure of the all effects, but he car is way smoother at part throttle than with the stock MAF/intake.

Attached is my first re-tune of the Steeda Pro-flow, no insert and honeycomb straightener. My car also has Velossa air-duct, and now ported stock throttle body and intake. This should be really close to right. Most of my curve needed to be pumped up 10-15% from my starting simple re-scale. This tune has near optimized spark, PE, based on what I've heard and following some of the good folks on this board. I hope to dyno and drag test in coming months.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner

Final Steeda Pro-flow without insert MAF curve

From another street log, I came up with this tweak to Steeda MAF curve. I created more granularity at maximum flow by adjusting the grid values. I do notice that for ideal tuning I should have maybe 3-4 pids max so get better polling. But I think I"m calling it done at this point. Admittedly in super ideal 30degree weather, but I think I am truly getting 55.5-56 true lb/min airflow now. High 52s peak before the Steeda, ported intake and TB.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    You are a boss! been looking everywhere for the MAF scaling for the Closed box Steeda and here it is. Thanks for sharing!

Advanced Tuner
    It's been smoothed a bit more in the attached tune. Very, very modest changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Do u have data log with tune

Advanced Tuner
    Do u have data log with tune