Thread: Poping decel on mustang 11-14

Poping decel on mustang 11-14

Whats the easy way to get a poping exhaust on decel on 11-14 mustang

Thanks

Tuner
    Turn off the dfco and retard the ignition timing to 0 degree in the used map point table while decel in the low load

Advanced Tuner
    I set the tip out spark ?tip out decel? I think it?s called to like 0 below 3500 and above idle speeds and that seemed to work. Changing dfco can increase or decrease the amount of popping it?ll do. It?s been a while though

Advanced Tuner
    Increase dfco enable and disable. Set enable to 55 and disable to 54 or where you want it so at 60mph or highway speeds youll still have fuel cut to help save fuel.

Tuner
    Yes, if you disable dfco you will dump more unburned fuel in the exhaust and cause the popping. Actually. You can control the amount of popping by retarding the timing. Log the map points used while deceleration and retard the timing to zero in the low loads high rpms. Also retard the timing in the same map points in the mbt tables to 10 degrees in the same load and rpm.

Advanced Tuner
    You don't have to lower mbt. During decel, timing will follow the spark decel table on 2011 to 2014. Stock, this table is set to 60* timing allowing spark up to 60* giving the torque ratio tables control of deceleration timing. Changing spark decel to 10* from 1500 to 3000 and disabling dfco will give you backfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    You don't have to lower mbt. During decel, timing will follow the spark decel table on 2011 to 2014. Stock, this table is set to 60* timing allowing spark up to 60* giving the torque ratio tables control of deceleration timing. Changing spark decel to 10* from 1500 to 3000 and disabling dfco will give you backfires.
    Thanks !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post

Do i have to change dfco vss AND rpm AND loAd ?

Advanced Tuner
    On my 2014, I was able to achieve any type of snap crackle and popping I wanted (from loud backfiring to small crackles) just by tweaking the spark settings and leaving DFCO on. The key is giving spark enough authority within the torque ratio tables or your settings won't have much of an effect.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by elerico View Post
    Do i have to change dfco vss AND rpm AND loAd ?
    They're all thresholds. MPH, RPM, Load. One could prevent DFCO, another could allow it and DFCO will occur.
    You don't have to lower load. I lowered mine to .3 because load will definitely be under that during deceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    On my 2014, I was able to achieve any type of snap crackle and popping I wanted (from loud backfiring to small crackles) just by tweaking the spark settings and leaving DFCO on. The key is giving spark enough authority within the torque ratio tables or your settings won't have much of an effect.
    True, you have to allow torque control to retard spark enough to backfire. I just never liked the sound of DFCO decel on my 12. I don't like it on the S550's either, they sound too damn smooth lol. I command decel timing.

Ok thanks a lot

Potential Tuner
    Plz I need help to tune 2011 v8
    Mustang
    Any help
    Lunch control
    Pops
    And fuel consumption adjust