Thread: No VIN number detected

Potential Tuner

No VIN number detected

Hello everyone,

I am trying to write to my ecm on my late 99 f250 powerstroke. When I read my vehicle, it was not able to find the VIN number and it generated a fake one for me. I want to license this file but am worried that I wont be able to write to my truck because my VIN is not correct on my .hpt file.

If I were to liscense the .hpt with a fake VIN number(automatically generated) will I be able to flash my vehicle?

This is my first time doing this and just don?t want to license the file if it wont help me.

Thanks,

Ryan

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes you will be able to flash to your vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgroves231 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am trying to write to my ecm on my late 99 f250 powerstroke. When I read my vehicle, it was not able to find the VIN number and it generated a fake one for me. I want to license this file but am worried that I wont be able to write to my truck because my VIN is not correct on my .hpt file.

If I were to liscense the .hpt with a fake VIN number(automatically generated) will I be able to flash my vehicle?

This is my first time doing this and just don?t want to license the file if it wont help me.

Thanks,

Ryan
    Can you upload your stock file? Tunerepository doesn't have anything.