Thread: Why can't I get Drive to shift firm like Sport and Track?

Why can't I get Drive to shift firm like Sport and Track?

I did a lot of data logging today on the 2016 Hellcat A8. I put the vehicle in eco, drive, sport, and track and the logged the pid "clutch shift type" which was always "normal". Is that...normal? This tells me it was using the "Normal" clutch shift pressure tables, torque intervention tables, etc.

I'm trying to get regular old drive to shift firm like sport and track do. It feels like there's some other variable in the mix. I've increased and set the on coming clutch shift pressures the same in all tables in all modes in the WOT areas. Sport and Track shift beautifully, but Drive doesn't shift as firm. I've also added more to the main torque intervention tables and have them all match as well.

One difference I noticed in the logs is that in Drive the trans engine torque request would drop from 1141 to 500ish at the 3-4 shift. The same did not occur on the 4-5 shift and it didn't occur at all in sport or track mode.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by Speedy!; 12-07-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think clutch shift type is mapped correctly

Maybe not, but when Normal, Sport, Perf, and Max all have the same values at WOT cells it shouldn't matter. That's how mine is setup to avoid the variability. Something else is intervening in "Drive". I thought it might be some of the cylinder aircharge by torque tables, gonna have to look more closely at that but I don't think they were very different at the max cell areas.

Advanced Tuner
    What do you think are the WOT cells?

The ones that are max turbine RPM and turbine torque. I basically set the last two rows for oncoming clutch pressures to the same values in all modes and made them match whatever table had the highest value from OEM.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you able to log PID/Channel 4403?

If so, try this graph. I'm curious to see where you land on the map. You most likely will need to change the break points to match your torque intervention tables. These are for my Scat.

I'm waiting to be able to log 4403 still.

TQRED.Table.xml
    torque reduction.MathParameter.xml
    Last edited by spoolboy; 12-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.

I'll check and see. Will take me a couple days

Can you post your tune? It's tough to say without being able to view your current settings and a data log to go with.

I got some help and think I figured it out. It's around this type of thing posted here:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nverter-tuning