Thread: 6.0 rattling

Tuner in Training

6.0 rattling

my dads 2001 pickup 6.0L will not run correctly with maf pluged in if we unplug it runs fin it also has a rattling only when you accelerate between 2000-3200 rpms i have tried changing everything i can think off nothing has been done to its a complete stock engine any help is greatly appreciate and any advice to check on something is also

here is both the drive and tune that i put in today

ne tune 12-2-19.hpt
    drive 12-7-19 rattles 2000 to 3000 rmps.hpl

Look at your fuel trims man, they are pegged at +25%.

You have a major issue there. Be is very bad vacuum leak, bad exhaust leak or low fuel pressure.

The log shows heavy amount of spark knock, maybe it's possible you are able to hear this. Part of this issue is carrying over into PE because the computer is adding in even more fuel as the injector duty cycle is going through the roof. A stock 6.0 should be only touching something around 80-90% max.

You aren't helping the knock issue by mirroring the timing curves either, it can't pull timing if both tables are the same.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    so we found the the problem the flywheel was broke which was causing it to pick the knock up

Still try to figure out that lean condition though. The flex plate issue was a separate thing for sure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.