Thread: 5.3 swap using cruise with manual trans

Potential Tuner

5.3 swap using cruise with manual trans

Happy Holidays Guys and Gals!
    I've did some searching here, and not really found the answer. 2003 Tahoe 5.3 swapped in a 1986 IROC with T56 six speed. If I set the ecm to auto 4L60e the cruise works great. I have the TCC ran in series from brake switch to clutch switch and ran to pin C! 33. If I set the ecm to manual, move the same wire to C1 pin 35, no cruise. I even tried sending it to both pin 33 and 35, and still locked out of cruise. Is there a secret I'm missing somewhere?
    1986 IROC
    LQ9
    Tremac six speed

Changing the transmission type will do weird background issue like this, so it's best to leave it as a 4L60e and disabled all the trouble codes for it.

Or start with a factory manual file from the beginning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Changing the transmission type will do weird background issue like this, so it's best to leave it as a 4L60e and disabled all the trouble codes for it.

Or start with a factory manual file from the beginning.
    Yes, I do understand. I did disable the codes, the only thing that really bothers me a little, is the idle. When coming to a stop, it has a weird way of not coming down to idle as quick as it does when ecm is set to manual. Thanks for the reply.
    1986 IROC
    LQ9
    Tremac six speed