Thread: P59 OS: 12606961 Flex Fuel Segment Help

Tuner in Training

P59 OS: 12606961 Flex Fuel Segment Help

2005 Silverado P59 OS: 12606961. I finished everything up for the flex fuel as far as sensor and wiring. I found an 05 Avalanche L59 Flex Fuel with the matching OS in the repository. I did the seg swap for the Engine and Engine Diag and made sure everything is enabled in the tune. Performed a write entire just like I did when I successfully did an 80e swap. I cannot get it to recognize any of the required parameters for ethanol in the scanner. I double checked wiring and ground. Anything come to mind? Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    I’ve been reading that some guys just flash a flex fuel tune into their existing pcm. But I thought the OS had to match. I dont understand what they mean or how they’re doing it.

They are likely doing a write entire with a Flex Fuel file. So the OS doesn't matter really because you are going to start with a new tune. It can be costly with credits doing it this way.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmerichLSx View Post
    ... 2005 Silverado P59 OS: 12606961. I finished everything up for the flex fuel as far as sensor and wiring. I found an 05 Avalanche L59 Flex Fuel with the matching OS in the repository. I did the seg swap for the Engine and Engine Diag ...
    If you are going to try and do this via importing calibration segments, you will also need to import the System segment and the Fuel System segment.

My personal preference is to initially program the PCM using GM software (Tech 2 / MDI) and then to make adjustments using tuning software.

... 2005 Silverado P59 OS: 12606961 ... I found an 05 Avalanche L59 Flex Fuel with the matching OS in the repository ... I successfully did an 80e swap ...
    Not sure how you achieved this - I believe that 2005 OS 12606961 was an upgraded OS for 5.3L engines only, and was therefore never used with a 4L80.

Tuner in Training
    Not sure how you achieved this - I believe that 2005 OS 12606961 was an upgraded OS for 5.3L engines only, and was therefore never used with a 4L80.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. But I found a dude on here who had another dude “make” one for him. I have no idea how he did it but he sent it to me and it worked! So now I have an 80e segment for this OS if anyone needs one.

Tuner in Training
    Also, the fuel and system segments already match. And thank you for the reply.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    They are likely doing a write entire with a Flex Fuel file. So the OS doesn't matter really because you are going to start with a new tune. It can be costly with credits doing it this way.
    So wait, if I license a p59 file that doesn’t match my original OS, I can write entire into my PCM? I did not know that.

You could, but it may open up a can of worms if something didn't jive. Writing a different stock calibration over another can be done but it costs several credits if you don't have the unlimited licenses for that specific vehicle type. So it's gets pretty spendy. I always suggest that if a segment swap or something like that isn't an option, use a dealership scan tool that could flash the right VIN/OS into a computer and license that file once to get you up and running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Copy that. Sounds great thank you guys for the help!

Tuner in Training
    So I’m gonna try to write entire my original tune with everything segment swapped from the Flex Fuel 05 Avalanche OS: 12606961. If it still doesn’t work then I’m gonna license the Avalanche, 3bar swap it, copy everything over and write entire again. I’ll post how it goes.

Tuner in Training
    Ok none of that worked lol.

Tuner in Training
    Figured it out. So I did end up switching over to 12592618 Flex Fuel Avalanche. Just did a write entire with HP. The issue was I was only searching for “ethanol” percent instead of “alcohol” percent. I actually read this from 5FDP on another thread. So thank you. For future gen 3 people it’s “alcohol”.

Not sure how you achieved this - I believe that 2005 OS 12606961 was an upgraded OS for 5.3L engines only, and was therefore never used with a 4L80.
    You are correct. But I found a dude on here who had another dude “make” one for him. I have no idea how he did it but he sent it to me and it worked! So now I have an 80e segment for this OS if anyone needs one.[/QUOTE]

Can you send me the 4l80e segment swap for 12606961. I'm having the same problem trying to find it.