Thread: 4l60e TCC unlocking while steady cruising

4l60e TCC unlocking while steady cruising

4l60e TCC unlocking while steady cruising and only lock back after applying a little throttle.
    Misfire tables have been maxed out in the RPM ranges of the issue. I have changed several tables attempting to resolve this issue with no luck at all.

1994 Firebird 383SBC with 292xfi cam. 24x conversion running 0411/P01 pcm. The converter is brand new PTC. I can Use HPTuners to lock and there is no slippage. Watching the datalog it looks as if its commanding the unlock.
    It stays locked Above 60mph or so but between 55 and 60 it just refuses to stay locked.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Look at your misfire tables again, you missed some areas of the medium misfire tables. And set the TCC max table to 100 & the min table to 90.

Russ Kemp

Thanks for the response.
    That wasn't the issue. Or at least that didn't help at this time. Ended up something to do with not meeting min throttle to remain engaged. I disabled throttle cracker or throttle follower(can't remember which I ended up with) and now all is good.

My turbo car has been dropping out of lockup from day but I never took time to chase down the problem. Now its staying locked up as well so thats a plus. Now I just need to take some time to figure out why it doesn't lock under WOT. Oh well, I'll deal with it when I don't have paying jobs in the shop.

Thanks again.