Thread: How do I disable the chip key security?

How do I disable the chip key security?

I'm installing a remote start in my 2008 sequoia and would like to disable the chip key security so it can be started with a standard key and I wont have to install a bypass.

Where do I look in the software to do this?

Thanks!

Is it normal for the "os" and "system" menus to come up blank? I was told that's where the vats would be but they are blank.

Advanced Tuner
    Try under system??? Thats where it is for GM...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Thanks for the reply! When I click on system the window comes up blank with no options. Not sure if that's how it is on toyota? Also the OS is blank

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchip View Post
    Thanks for the reply! When I click on system the window comes up blank with no options. Not sure if that's how it is on toyota? Also the OS is blank
    Are you using the latest Beta?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

No I'm just using the latest software, I'll try the beta. Thanks!

Tried the latest beta and get the same results, guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to talk to someone in charge of the software.

Got a response from hp tuners and was told that it can't be turned off yet. Hopefully they can add it in a future update.