Thread: 04 chevy xtreme 4.3 vortec

Tuner in Training

04 chevy xtreme 4.3 vortec

hey i have a 2004 chevrolet xtreme blazer. it has the 4.3 with the 4 spee3d auto. i wanted to see if there is any computer tunning i can do to make more power and harder shifts. i wish i could get a duplicate of the hypertec for my truck and just put it into hp tuners. any information is greatly appreciated.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    theres a ton of stuff you can do with your 04' blazer...because its got nearly an identical computer as a late model ls1 you'll even be able to apply 1/2/3 bar custom OS's with real time tuning. And all the shift tables that apply to LS1's should apply to your A4
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    ok ... i'm not boosted or anything though ... can i just do a ls setup kinda on mine and gain power NA?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yup, with your inital purchase you could keep the stock OS or upgrade to one of the real time tuning OS's for no additional cost. Theres definitly a good amount of power to be pulled out of the blazer pcm though.

Tuner in Training
    hey foff667 .. can u help me tuen my truck? i'm just trying to get better power out of it . can i just load a ls1 performance layout and use that ?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the design of an ls1 is completely different from an L35 engine...its just the pcm's that are the same. As a community we can help you tune your truck, but its still on you to punch the buttons.

Maybe we can help each other on the 4.3's, cuz honestly mine sucks.

Tuner in Training
    hey . ok well where should i start ? theres so many different tables i can alter... any help is good .

Tuner in Training
    here is my stock tune i just got from the truck. if anyone can tweek on it i would appreciate it .. i just want to make my truck run alittle faster .. unlock the performance it has. thanks for all the help.

Tuner in Training
    hey i found a few 5.3 liter v8 engines in the bin file website. they had one where ll he had was a k &N intake and he adjusted his shifts and all. would that work for my truck if i just copyed it ??

For starters:

Click Engine>Torque Management.

Fill the "spark retard vs. torque reduction" table with zeroes.

Also, in the torque management window, do the same with the button below that, too.

Now after you do that, switch from the tq man. tab to "fuel control". now click power enrichment.> Set MAP from 55 to 0. and Delay RPM from 5200 to 0. Also set the Enrichment Rate to 4 from that 0.0195 that you got in there.

In the main window click Transmission>Torque Management.

*warning* Only do this if you're sure your transmission can handle it!

On those 2 buttons, Normal and Performance, under tq reduction, fill both with 0's.(you have a little reduction in both right now)

Now this is just personal preference: Switch to the "auto shift speed" tab. under the "wide open throttle shift" section, at the very bottom of that section, change the enable tps and disable tps, to 90% and 86% respectively.

This should get you started a lil bit. Just basically do all the reading on the board you can stand to do in one sitting. Dont be afraid to ask questions, cuz we got some badass people on here who know thier stuff and will help you as much as they can.

Do you have the pro version of the interface or the standard?

Tuner in Training
    ok i will give that a shot . thanka man

Tuner in Training
    oh i have the pro version also

Ok since you have the pro version you can read up on wideband data logging and additional tuning.

Oh, and you can copy the shifts from that 5.3 if you want to.

Tuner in Training
    hey . thanks for the start up tune . i did exacly what u said and it shifts pretty goo dnow . nice and firm. i have little or no hesitation when i step on the gas now . i knwo i can unlock more power out of it . my only mod is a k&n intake system. and what i did with hptuners.. i'm trying to decide what my next mod should be ... any suggestions??? and do u have any other guides to tuning for me ? thanks for the help man i really appreciate it .

Theres a few tutorials around here, set as stickies and whatnot you can read. If you want you can PM me, instead of making a ginormous thread about this.

Potential Tuner
    New to the forum just purchased a 02 Blazer Xtreme what do I need to program my truck? Software where do I get it, hradware where do I get it?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcgxplosv1216
    New to the forum just purchased a 02 Blazer Xtreme what do I need to program my truck? Software where do I get it, hradware where do I get it?
    http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

2 versions to choose from Standard or Pro, pick your poison & your on your way.