Thread: zrl1 map sensor.. what next?

Tuner in Training

zrl1 map sensor.. what next?

So I have installed the zr1 map sensor and changed the configuration to Linear = 312.5 and Offset = -11.25. Now its running very poorly and i cannot even tune my car. Am I missing something? I have attached my log file and tune file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I'm on my phone so I can't open the file, but are your units correct in the tune (should be kPa).

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    I'm on my phone so I can't open the file, but are your units correct in the tune (should be kPa).
    Yes, Map Sensor Linear and Map Sensor Offset are both kPa

Ummm, Is it a genuine GM sensor?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Ummm, Is it a genuine GM sensor?
    Nah it?s one I picked up from a parts store. Same part number though 12592525

Probably a bad MAP.

Your key on engine off KPA readings are 229kpa, just sitting there. Should be right around 100kpa if you live at sea level.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Probably a bad MAP.

Your key on engine off KPA readings are 229kpa, just sitting there. Should be right around 100kpa if you live at sea level.
    I was hoping you would show up on this thread. I ordered an ACDELCO one. Once it arrives I'll install and report back

Tuner in Training
    Probably a bad MAP.

So I bought the GM Map Sensor and now the car will not turn on. Are there any other fields besides the Linear and Offset that need to be changed?

Should I be changing the "Supercharger Fitted and Inlet Air Pressure (Sensor Linear and Sensor Offset)"?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by its-the-law-son; 12-15-2019 at 01:16 PM.

No, you only have to change the linear and offset settings to make the MAP work.

I don't know what your other problems are. Changing just the MAP sensor itself won't cause this issue. You should probably double check that you don't have to swap pins around in the connector to make the ZL1 map sensor work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    No, you only have to change the linear and offset settings to make the MAP work.

I don't know what your other problems are. Changing just the MAP sensor itself won't cause this issue. You should probably double check that you don't have to swap pins around in the connector to make the ZL1 map sensor work.
    With key on engine off, I am getting the 100kpa reading you said I should be getting. But I'm getting a "click click" noise when trying to turn the car over now. which didn't happen last week. So, I'm thinking maybe now the new issue is either the battery or starter.