Thread: 6L80 S-Mode 4,5,6 Shift Point Issue

Tuner in Training

6L80 S-Mode 4,5,6 Shift Point Issue

Hello,

I have a 2013 Corvette LS3 with a 6L80 and I have a weird shift point issue that I can't figure out.

In D-Mode, everything works exactly as expected based on the tune. TUTD works just fine.

In S-Mode, the everything works fine in 1st thru 3rd. When I reach my 3->4 shift point, the car shifts to 5th and then quickly to 6th instead, even though I haven't reached those shift points yet... I have looked through the tune and searched a lot and cannot find any answers.

I have tried a write entire [and burned 2 credits along the way] with a stock tune from the HPT repository (same OS, same year, same car, etc.) and then added my calibration differences to that with no effect.

This is really annoying as I can basically only use S mode for WOT (works perfectly) and TUTD (also perfect).

The car has H/C/I/E/meth/etc. I'm running a ProTorque 3200+ stall converter with triple-disc carbon clutch. Quite happy with the tune in general except for this bug.

Attached are the tune and log of this phenomenon. As you can see, Pattern A and Pattern B both have identical parameters to the Normal pattern (shift scheduling and TCC scheduling).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

S mode shift issue 12-09-19.hpl
    nje 12-19-001.hpt

The issue can be seen around 1m 41s into the log. I then switch to D-Mode for the majority of the log, showing that the issue is not present there (e.g. 2m 35s). The issue can be seen in S-Mode again at 11m 40s, where the trans jumps straight from 3rd to 6th.
    Last edited by njedwardz; 12-09-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ... found the issue..

Mods, y'all can archive this, or leave it as an instructional for future people with the same issue.

Not sure what the factory intended purpose is, but the "Safety Shift" parameters will cause this issue - apparently only in Pattern B and not in the Normal Pattern.

Setting the Safety Shift parameters for 5th and 6th to your Pattern B 5th and 6th settings will resolve this problem!