Thread: Coyote PCM vs Control Pack PCM

Potential Tuner

Coyote PCM vs Control Pack PCM

PCM1: I have a Ford Control Pack PCM for a Coyote Gen 2 motor. It is made to run a Coyote engine with minimal amount of sensors.

PCM2: I also have a Ford Mustang PCM that seems to have all the same pins that works on a Coyote Gen 2 motor. Is it possible to download the software from Control Pack PCM and install it onto the Mustang PCM?

Can I basically make Mustang PCM function as a Control Pack PCM and ignore all the missing sensors? Is this possible and what software/hardware will be required? Any shops near Atlanta area that can do that? I would be doing a custom map when car is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_V View Post
    PCM1: I have a Ford Control Pack PCM for a Coyote Gen 2 motor. It is made to run a Coyote engine with minimal amount of sensors.

PCM2: I also have a Ford Mustang PCM that seems to have all the same pins that works on a Coyote Gen 2 motor. Is it possible to download the software from Control Pack PCM and install it onto the Mustang PCM?

Can I basically make Mustang PCM function as a Control Pack PCM and ignore all the missing sensors? Is this possible and what software/hardware will be required? Any shops near Atlanta area that can do that? I would be doing a custom map when car is finished.

I want to say that it is possible to run a control pack calibration on a factory ECM with just a calibration change from what i've heard. What i'm more curious about is does the control pack output the can signals for the factory dash to function?
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Tuner in Training
    Yes...it can be done. We're in Marietta and have done it multiple times. The non-ford "control packs" are usually Mustang ECUs with the extraneous stuff turned off. We've also simplified a stock Mustang harness to run basically as a control pack as well. Shoot me an email with your build, we can get you going. [email protected]