Thread: 6L80 part throttle tuning

Potential Tuner

6L80 part throttle tuning

New to all of this, anyone have info how to make my 5-6 upshift come in sooner and also to stay in 6th and not downshift with light throttle increase?

Come in sooner as in make it happen quicker as in shift time or make it shift into 6th at a lower speed?

You don't want to shift into 6th gear at too low of speed, you will lug the engine down too much. I don't like how the factory calibration lets it shift into 6th gear by like 38-40mph, it's too low of speed to me. I always raise the speed up to 50mph in trucks I tune.

This also helps with the downshift issue at lower speeds because you give it any throttle under 45mph with the stock calibration and it downshifts into 4th or 5th gear.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    That makes since I get what you mean and thanks for the reply, I guess the only thing is it seems just a touch high on speed 5-6 because getting on the highway for example it shifts up great then gets to 5th and just seems like it takes just a touch to much speed before it makes the shift to 6th...kinda sticks in 5th too long

Advanced Tuner
    Search in here for the BC Trans Tool. It will definitely help. Let us know if you need any help with it.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Search in here for the BC Trans Tool. It will definitely help. Let us know if you need any help with it.
    ok will do I can also post tune file if that helps...