Tuner in Training

MAP Readings slightly off?

Hello! First time post here...

2500hd 2wd
    Sloppy stage 2
    Gt45 (Shut up)
    80lb Deka
    EFI source 3 bar Truck sensor

It starts, idles, and runs well, but I am concerned about going harder at it, as my MAP sensor seems to be reading slightly off...

My vacuum/boost gauge reads about -10lb at idle, and about 11lb boost under a pull.

Map sensor seems to hover around 70kpa at idle, and 140-145 under boost. Seen a lot of Denmah tuning videos, seems this combo should idle around 50kpa.

key on engine off it seems to be about 102-103kpa. I am at 400ft elevation.

Anyone have any thoughts? I always hear to trust your map sensor, but then I would think I have a manifold leak, but my fuel trims look pretty good.

2.1.20 Shift point 6000 +1 timing (down 2 from orig).hpthard 1-2.hpl
    Last edited by adnoh400; 02-02-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Senior Tuner
    It's very likely a bad MAP sensor.

Answered here towards the (current) bottom: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-start-up-tune
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    if I were to replace this 3 bar with a 2.5 bar ZL1 sensor 12592525 would I have to do anything besides change the offsets?

Thanks Frost.

The ZR1 / ZL1 MAP sensor has a Bosch-style connector so it needs a convo harness, and it's neck size is slightly larger, so it has to get a line run to it if the intake doesn't have a port that size. Then just plug in the offset and linear values for it in your tune.

Linear = 312.5
    Offset = -11.25

Nowadays it's the most commonly used MAP sensor at my shop, and in the tuning we send out for boosted applications going to others. Best of luck!
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com